Remapped, Slammed, Tinted, ICEd and Blinged - Stage 1 Mods

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scorcher

Car
2004 E55 AMG
After a lot of hard work by Andy Ice Cold, here is the first stage of my E55 modding....

Tints
AMG Boot Lip Spoiler
AMG Mats
AMG Illuminated Sills
Renntech Electronic Lowering Module
6" Rear Headrest Screens
DVD Changer
Hardwired Pogo Alert

img2048au1.jpg

img2041pw2.jpg

img2056in5.jpg

img2062by8.jpg

img2063gx5.jpg

...looking meaner, and that lowering module is excellent - slammed down like this for normal posing and driving, and a press of the Airmatic button and I can still get up the drive at home :cool:

Genuine AMG boot lip spoiler - you'd think it would be a straight fit yes? Oh no - I fitted it with the supplied tape, and it peeled off at either end. So Andy refitted it with new tape - same problem, so the spoiler must have been slightly warped :rolleyes: - so last resort, that nasty black windscreen adhesive - works a treat.

img2093rb0.jpg

Couple of 6" Veba LCD screens, with a DVD changer in the boot - showing one of my favourite DVDs - Maisy's ABC :D There is insufficient space on the rear of the E Klasse headrest for a decent size screen, so we opted for a pair of nice clean leather clad pods to house these ones - thankfully my eldest daughter can't turn them off as there are no visible buttons

img2090xo5.jpg

It's also had a remap whilst in Andy's care, courtesy of Lee at CarEvolution.co.uk, so an extra 25 HP, removed 155 limiter and a much more sprightly beast :cool: - we learned that Sprint Booster + remap = undriveable, so SB was whipped off again :rolleyes:

The hardwired Pogo is certainly a necessity now :D

img2091qv3.jpg

Thanks also to Dan (Chaos) @ Maybank for getting the grille sprayed Obsidian Black - 9 coats!, and for sorting the tyres.

img2086rc1.jpg

UnfortunatelyMr Clever Clogs (me) managed to order the wrong size for the 19" AMG Style IVs, so they'll be part of Stage 2 - along with resonator delete pipe and a smattering of other goodies :cool:

Looks very nice!!

That must be one hell of a ride!

Look forward to seeing the next stage.;)

Nice car mate, look forward to seeing future mods.

Looks good mate. I'd be tempted to put on the 19" AMG 2pc wheels, the 18s look a bit small with that drop.

Very Very nice! :rock:

Renntech supply to the UK! Do they have an agent over here then? Or did you just order directly from them? :)

Darren

Thats a very tasty car indeed! I'm normally not a fan of blacked grills, but I actually quite like it on yours :)

Way to go Dan :rock: ............... :D

Not surprised you took the Sprintbooster out. I tried your gas pedal on Sat :D and thought ..... my god, that was EXPONENTIAL! :crazy:

That remap must have done something to the way the throttle butterfly react to the pedal.

PS: I heard about the tyres, I was going to order you an ML55 badge from Greenoaks Reading :p

Way to go Dan :rock: ............... :D

Not surprised you took the Sprintbooster out. I tried your gas pedal on Sat :D and thought ..... my god, that was EXPONENTIAL! :crazy:

That remap must have done something to the way the throttle butterfly react to the pedal.

PS: I heard about the tyres, I was going to order you an ML55 badge from Greenoaks Reading :p

Yeah - cheers for that :rolleyes: :p

Look's great, well done :rock:

If i was doing it myself i might have forgotten about lowering it but thats just a personal thing.

Very nice indeed.

Damn you!!!.............you bet me to it. I was also thinking about a black E55 in the near future and doing the exact mods that you are doing. I like the black grill as well and I was going to put on thw 19inch 2 piece rims on also!

Have you checked this out yet? from VRP in the US

http://vrptuning.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_15&products_id=9

Congrats anyway......car looks nice really good!

Hello

While not to my tastes its a lovely car, polish the exhaust tips though :)

19" wheels when you have them should look much better the drop on that setting makes the 18's look a bit weedy.

Hello

While not to my tastes its a lovely car, polish the exhaust tips though :)

19" wheels when you have them should look much better the drop on that setting makes the 18's look a bit weedy.

19s are on the way - and you are right about the tips :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom