Remapping a remap, (2009, 211, om 646)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

m80

MB Enthusiast
Car
Viano ex long, 651 2014. S211 646 2009 (till the Gov't drones blow 'em off the road)
The 211 I picked up as a stop gap till I get around to the 2014 Viano is a lovely powerful drive.
Come the day I have to choose between this and the 639 I'll be weighing up the pros and cons, it isn't going to be a simple decision.

I drive it for economy but on the rare occasion I push the pedal I've seen smoke in the rear view.

My thoughts are that this has had a remap, but one that over fuels and so some smoke.
Is there problems remapping again so as to eliminate (as far as possible) the smoke?
If easy enough where can do this with a reliable result, as there isn't much point if another remap causes smoke?

Hi, My OM646 will dump smoke under heavy throttle use and has not as far as I know been mapped. I think it is just clearing its head after light throttle town driving, cold starts Etc.

If there's no DPF it will send out the unburnt fuel as soot.
It should clear.

When i bought my 211 2nd hand, I suspected it had been remapped as it smoked under hard acceleration, but it accelerated!! It was thus fine-(de)tuned by mercedes who flashed the memory (for good measure). Smokes (a lot) under hard acceleration still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom