ReMapping - E-Maps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Merc-C180K

Anyone heard of e-maps...?

Looking to get the C Class tuned, and this is the 'bumf' they sent me:

E-Maps are one of the UK 's leading tuning companies. We can provide for all your electronic and mechanical tuning requirements on all makes of cars. As we write and develop our own software it allows us to tailor our maps to suit every individual requirement from track to every day road use.

The Mercedes engine we can take from 143bhp up to 168bhp and the torque from 220nm up to 264nm giving a very impressive performance gain and all within safe design tolerance of the engine and drive train components. Reviews of some of our work can be found on our testimonials page http://www.e-maps.co.uk/testimonials/

All of our software has been developed on the rolling road at our main development centre in Germany for performance accuracy, reliability and to ensure MOT compliance for emissions. Other benefits of tuning a Petrol engine is that it improves fuel economy when under normal driving conditions.

The cost of the remap is £249 all inclusive for which we travel to your location whether it is home or work place and includes a full fault code scan on the entire car.

If you wish to go ahead with the remap please forward us your contact details (address, Post Code and Phone number) and we will be in touch. Alternatively if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Hello

For the price it seems a good deal, do they do a rolling road before and after?

If your not covered by a warranty at the moment then is seems cheap bhp / £

Remember your insurance will go up tad.

Yup out of standard merc warranty now.

No rolling road before and after from the looks of it - I'm guessing they drive up, we drive around, then they upload a standard map?

Hi,

I have used Simon from E-Maps on my BMW 330ci and my M3 and now on my 2005 SL500.

I have seen big improvements in smoothness and driveabliltiy though admittedly more some in the BMW's as the merc seems more refined as standard. I have seen powers gains in line with the percentages that are mentioned in the email.

I recommend it. Tell Simon that Jason from CA say he needs to look after you!

Hi,

I have used Simon from E-Maps on my BMW 330ci and my M3 and now on my 2005 SL500.

I have seen big improvements in smoothness and driveabliltiy though admittedly more some in the BMW's as the merc seems more refined as standard. I have seen powers gains in line with the percentages that are mentioned in the email.

I recommend it. Tell Simon that Jason from CA say he needs to look after you!

Have they got more power out of the SL, Merlin

I was quoted £300 all in if I took the car to e-Maps (on an E270CDI) - impressed with the approach and knowledge of Simon. Now I am just saving my pennies & overcoming my fear that it could all end in tears...

The name does ring a bell now when I had the BM and was on the BM forum,

If we got a group togther I'm sure he would do a group discount, he did on the BM forum.

worth a try if people are interested

Which insurance company's are everyone else with, I've just looked on the website for mine on which they say that they don't insure any performance enhancements of any kind (eg chipped).

I was with Priviedge with my last two cars, a Freelander TD4 that I had chipped and the bmw 330 I had a carbon cold air induction kit sand 19" wheels.

Both cars were £50 extra to have covered.

Malcolm,

I have always been so impressed with Simons work that I had him do the re-map on the first day that I got the Sl so I didnt have a base for comparison. That was deliberate though. You can have a drive at the meet and tell me if there is much difference!
Have they got more power out of the SL, Merlin

Not wanting to hijack this thread but, a member of this very forum is indeed a live remap tuner, i am also aware that he does good discounts to us members.I had my E55 remaped by him last week, before the map i ran a dyno and was pushing out 477bhp, after the map i went back to the RR and the 55 is now pushing out 502bhp im well pleased with its its well improved low down midrange grunt.:bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

He goes by the username of evdok. pm him for more details on cars/price etc.

Which insurance company's are everyone else with, I've just looked on the website for mine on which they say that they don't insure any performance enhancements of any kind (eg chipped).

A lot do say that - however I've inquired twice about chipping with different insurers once I've purchased the policy and it would have been about an £80 increase.

Evdok - YGPM

Not wanting to hijack this thread but, a member of this very forum is indeed a live remap tuner, i am also aware that he does good discounts to us members.I had my E55 remaped by him last week, before the map i ran a dyno and was pushing out 477bhp, after the map i went back to the RR and the 55 is now pushing out 502bhp im well pleased with its its well improved low down midrange grunt.:bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

He goes by the username of evdok. pm him for more details on cars/price etc.

Tell us more. Been waiting for someone capable of custom mapping a MB to come along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom