Remapping for economy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Derek Mc

Can anyone tell me experiences (especially on diesel) of remapping to up economy more than performance out and out?

I had my diesel A2 remapped. Any change in economy was masked by changes due to temperature, length of journey and driving style. The performance increase was however very clear.

I have had a couple of cars remapped now i tend to go for power maps as the eco maps can cause problems with hesitation but i find the extra power if driven sensibly can give a couple of miles per gallon extra but when you want to have fun the power is there too. But most people forget about the economy side of it and use the extra power and gain nothing in extra mpg. Bear in mind the new maps will take a while to settle down after installation

On a standard car, rule of thumb is:
power = efficiency.

Hello

My E320Cdi has the Brabus D6 box fitted, from what I can tell driving it normally it certainly does more mpg, 45 mpg is easy on a run.

Given the the performance / size etc I think its great :)

On a Freelander TD4 it made it drive so much more smoother, the car was transformed. So either way its a win win.

Insurance wise I think it adds around £50yr

We offer both Eco and Performance tuning and as stated here 'pure eco' tunes often place physical limitations on things like throttle response and can cause minor hesitations. They are best suited to those who really want to drive conservatively all the time.

A power map will often give the best of both worlds.....again depending on the driving style....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom