Remapping the E63 at MSL

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nice rasp there [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m very pleased that I do not live next door! Cracking bit of tuning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd be more than happy if that lived next door.

I'd always loved the shape of the W211 but it was the sound of an E55K burbling around the streets where I live which pushed me to buying one.

Guess who moved the car this morning ready for a washing and forgot to film the cold start?:doh:
This will have to do. A normal start without the turbos being by- passed and an idea of when you are "on it":eek:
Apologies for the amateur quality. If there is no sound and you use Chrome, try a different browser. It works in Edge OK for me but not Chrome.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
As impressive as the sound of the car is , I'm far more impressed by the average speed of 63mph on your journey. I've never got close to that sort of average!!

Guess who moved the car this morning ready for a washing and forgot to film the cold start?:doh:
This will have to do. A normal start without the turbos being by- passed and an idea of when you are "on it":eek:
Apologies for the amateur quality. If there is no sound and you use Chrome, try a different browser. It works in Edge OK for me but not Chrome.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
NICE! MSL doing their thing! :)

MSL posted this dyno video of the car on Facebook.
When this was finished, it went to Torqueflow for a resonator delete so its a tad noisier than in the video:D
Strange as it may seem, I'm actually glad Acid mentioned toning down the map to preserve the engine.
I've noticed a lot of Biturbo's leaving MSL with much higher figures than mine after Stage 1 mapping.

That's quite impressive for a "mere" stage 1. Sounds awesome and looks great. Your neighbour should feel privileged. I doubt you miss your 55 now :D

I just hope that modified exhaust doesn't land you in trouble come MoT time
Nah the MOT RfR is "Exhaust noise from the vehicle must not be unreasonably above the noise level you’d expect from a similar vehicle with a standard silencer in average condition."
Any similar vehicle is still an AMG, just point at the badge and say it's meant to sound like that!

That's quite impressive for a "mere" stage 1. Sounds awesome and looks great. Your neighbour should feel privileged. I doubt you miss your 55 now :D

I'll always have fond memories of the E55. It is a great car. But no, I don't miss it now.
(And I see it's back up for sale)

I just hope that modified exhaust doesn't land you in trouble come MoT time, or if Plod are feeling bored

Everybody should have an MoT tester who takes a 'reasonable' view of modified exhausts. Thankfully, I have, for the SLK; Terry Gates's comment was: "It's bloody loud!" He's not wrong...

I understand, but I have seen plenty with 700bhp plus not heard of many engine failures.

You wouldn't notice any difference between 666 and 700 anyway...

Acid has a lot of experience of tuning these cars so is obviously wary of overdoing it.

You wouldn't notice any difference between 666 and 700 anyway...

Acid has a lot of experience of tuning these cars so is obviously wary of overdoing it.
666 sounds so much cooler, anyway. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom