Remapping

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Michaelb4348

Car
C220 saloon
Hi guys

New to the forum and looking for some advice which may have been discussed so sorry I'm advance.

I own a 2011 facelift c220 saloon blue efficiency with AMG body styling minus the bootlid spoiler which I would like.

But the reason I came on was for remapping its currently 170BHP as standerd, it's auto with Eco sport and paddle shift.

Can they be remapped on this model??

Thanks in advance

Hi guys

New to the forum and looking for some advice which may have been discussed so sorry I'm advance.

I own a 2011 facelift c220 saloon blue efficiency with AMG body styling minus the bootlid spoiler which I would like.

But the reason I came on was for remapping its currently 170BHP as standerd, it's auto with Eco sport and paddle shift.

Can they be remapped on this model??

Thanks in advance

Hello and welcome!

Have a look around the forum, there are plenty of threads about remapping.
I'm sure the c220 Cdi can be remapped. Angel turning, DMS, Eurocharged all doing remapping for Mercedes.

Pretty sure the 220 can be mapped up to a 250 as they are the same engine. That is what has been said before so don't quote me :)

Give MSL in Birmingham or Eurocharged in Watford a call they will sort you out.

Check out ebay, a simple tuning box will do the trick...

A tuning box ?? Is that a good idea for me?

Anyone on ideas on how much it is roughly

Last edited:
C220 CDi can be remapped no problem. All of them are fine.

Nice smooth progressive maps suits them very well.

Again the C250 CDi maps up perfectly fine.

No limp mode, no silly switches, no pedal boxes. Just all altered in the software.

BFT said:
C220 CDi can be remapped no problem. All of them are fine. Nice smooth progressive maps suits them very well. Again the C250 CDi maps up perfectly fine. No limp mode, no silly switches, no pedal boxes. Just all altered in the software.

No from what is said in the post above yours. I was also under the impression the 250 was already factory mapped to the max. I am no expert just stuff I read
I have a tuning box and am more than happy with it for what it cost and it took all of 2 minutes to fit

No it's not. The C250 CDi gains nicely from 204 to 240bhp and a nice 60nm torque.

Been there, done it, own an SLK250 CDi and dyno'd it :D

Infact I mapped another C250 CDi today and 2 this week. All around those figures :)

Just tuning boxes upset the ecu.

BFT said:
No it's not. The C250 CDi gains nicely from 204 to 240bhp and a nice 60nm torque. Been there, done it, own an SLK250 CDi and dyno'd it :D Infact I mapped another C250 CDi today and 2 this week. All around those figures :) Just tuning boxes upset the ecu.

Just shows you that I talk a load of crap then :)

What gains should I expect from my 170bhp, I'm in Coventry so if anyone knows anyone they can recommend send them my way for a quote

if the C220 is the same engine and gubins as the C250 then what ever the C250 can be mapped to so can the C220 ?

I'd be happy if I could get 250BHP and a load of torque

if the C220 is the same engine and gubins as the C250 then what ever the C250 can be mapped to so can the C220 ?

I'd be happy if I could get 250BHP and a load of torque

I'm no expert but I suspect the 250 will maybe have slightly larger injectors and other bits and bobs.
I bought a Brabus D4 tuning box off EBay for my C250 CDI and would highly recommend one, also its Mercedes approved.

Give ME a shout there only up the A45 from you in Birmingham

I'm no expert but I suspect the 250 will maybe have slightly larger injectors and other bits and bobs.
I bought a Brabus D4 tuning box off EBay for my C250 CDI and would highly recommend one, also its Mercedes approved.

There is physically no difference between the latest 220 & 250 engines, just ECU programming.

Dual mode Tuning boxes that increase turbo boost too, cause limp mode on 250's due to the fact that the factory programming alreading increases boost to assist in achieving gains over 220. So tuning box increasing boost again causes it to go other boost thresholds and trip limp mode.

cheers, Steve

Give ME a shout there only up the A45 from you in Birmingham

Sorry just noted a glaring error , what I meant to say was Give MSL a shout....

Stupid phone.....operator :fail

There is physically no difference between the latest 220 & 250 engines, just ECU programming.

Dual mode Tuning boxes that increase turbo boost too, cause limp mode on 250's due to the fact that the factory programming alreading increases boost to assist in achieving gains over 220. So tuning box increasing boost again causes it to go other boost thresholds and trip limp mode.

cheers, Steve

Steve, did Eurocharged ever get in touch with you about your offer of a car to see if they could replicate the problems they had with my E220?

cheers, Steve

I never had a problem with the Brabus D4, never went into limp mode, more than I can say for my w215.
I didn't think the c220 could be mapped up to the same level to the C250, there must be some other difference other than software?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom