Remapping

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

angrypaul

Car
C220 cdi
Quick question on remapping.....is it a good idea to have the EGR and DPF removed from the programming?

what stage remap is the most value for money? I have a 2013 220CDI and I have been told can push it to over 230BHP and get better fuel economy true or false?

Cheers
Paul

EGR and DPF delete is a hype and you will not see a huge gain in comparison to a stage 1 remap.

EGR and DPF delete is a hype and you will not see a huge gain in comparison to a stage 1 remap.

Was planning on the stage one or two regardless but didn't know about having the EGR and Dpf done at the same time?

Was planning on the stage one or two regardless but didn't know about having the EGR and Dpf done at the same time?

one step at a time , so if you have issues then you know what caused them. Care with DPF removal as my cause you problems with the mot.

DTUK easiest option
Thinking of doing the box for my e220

We only remove egr because it clogs up manifolds, dpf can be done, but this is becoming very hot on mots this year, and unless you have issues would leave it on, I would choose a strong stage 1 which is dpf friendly

With DPF removal, you need to first of all find somebody that is competent and insured. There's a chance that they damage the ECU deleting the instructions (fairly rare occurrence). Ref the MOT it really depends on where the DPF is on your model and whether it can be seen - most removals involve cutting a small window into the dpf and digging it out, then welding the unit up. If it's done well it can't be spotted and the MOT station can only do a smoke test (which won't know if it's been done), plus a visual check. Most cars most of this stuff covered up. From a personal conscience perspective, I wouldn't be even thinking about this if you live and drive in built up areas - HOT TOPIC

Quick question on remapping.....is it a good idea to have the EGR and DPF removed from the programming?

what stage remap is the most value for money? I have a 2013 220CDI and I have been told can push it to over 230BHP and get better fuel economy true or false?

Cheers
Paul
get better fuel economy true or false? False. Some claim this because the cars own trip computer will show it. The reason the trip computer shows wrong because it not calibrated for the revised mapping.

I've had two remapped diesels previously and got better mpg overall - worked out from the brimming.

I think it's because with the increased torque lower down I could do all my accelerating at lower rpms.

I've had two remapped diesels previously and got better mpg overall - worked out from the brimming.

I think it's because with the increased torque lower down I could do all my accelerating at lower rpms.
Who done these remaps ?

One was a lad who worked for Audi during the day and did these as a side at night. To give him his due he was very professional.

The other was Midland Remaps.

I had major probs with my DPF so in the end it was cheaper to get rid and have a remap at same time. Although 8 months later started getting limp mode showing no faults on Ecu. After finding a split turbo hose thought problem solved, wasn't the case the garage found the soot level over 400% so contacted the remap people and they come and flashed my Ecu problem solved!! A software problem was the culprit and free of charge.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Remapping is definitely worth it it's easier to overtake easier to drive without booting it everywhere stage 1 is most value for money especially on a diesel as you see huge gains stage 2 and 3 will be mostly exhaust and turbo upgrades so big money compared to stage 1

Leave the DPF alone, think of the extra pollution you will create

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom