Remind me never to go driving in Russia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It amazes me just how many cars have video cameras fitted. Is it in case of an accident?

I've been there quite a few times, and it seems the level of craziness in driving is going up steadily year by year :wallbash: ... I'd honestly wouldn't risk to get behind a wheel there ... hats off to bpsorrel :rolleyes:

It amazes me just how many cars have video cameras fitted. Is it in case of an accident?
Everyone drives with these little cameras mounted now. Reason - well, the traffic cops aren't as honest as you'd like and video evidence is accepted in court. Also, it helps a lot to catch idiots doing idiotic things!

I have one in my Nissan - just in case... :D

Here's a nice list of cameras to buy :) http://avtogsm.ru/Avtomobilniy-videoregistrator-c235.html

And a video to show why you need one.. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FRC7RO2tOJQ

But, driving out of the cities isn't so bad ---- honest!! :D

Last edited:
Here's a nice list of cameras to buy :)

Thanks for that :thumb:
Even though I'm very happy with BlackVue 400G I have in my little A160, the one at the top of the list looks interesting... I actually got extra £20 off, when I mentioned GPS tracker and GPS-equipped dashcam to insurance company just last week :bannana:

Everyone drives with these little cameras mounted now. Reason - well, the traffic cops aren't as honest as you'd like and video evidence is accepted in court. Also, it helps a lot to catch idiots doing idiotic things!

I have one in my Nissan - just in case... :D

Here's a nice list of cameras to buy :) Àâòîìîáèëüíûå âèäåîðåãèñòðàòîðû - Èíòåðíåò-ìàãàçèí AvtoGSM.ru äîñòàâêà ïî Ðîññèè.

And a video to show why you need one.. :)

Why It's Good To Have A Dash Camera - YouTube

But, driving out of the cities isn't so bad ---- honest!! :D

One of those cameras would be ace.

It would add a whole new dimension with my touring threads where I show people that my Mercedes goes fast!!!

One of the biggest issues with Russian drivers I've found in many years of driving there is a total lack of "road craft". No-one seems to drive pro-actively, it's just reacting to things with no thinking ahead. And they LOVE overtaking. There's a real macho thing about not being stuck behind someone and chancing it is almost a sport!

The advent of seriously powerful cars has made it even worse of course. Watch out for the V8 powered MBs, BMWs etc!!

Certainly fun driving in Russia!! :D

I got that feeling watching Howards link, some really stupid accidents there that you see so few of over here and looney tunes overtakes etc. I thought it would be fun to go touring there, I am more on the fence about it now.

Mull of Kintyre for me tomorrow and Perthshire tomorrow.

To be fair, not all drivers are that bad and in the towns we live and drive in, it's a fair bit "saner" (thank God!)

A road trip to Russia can be real fun as four guys we met a couple of years ago in Russia would tell you (they drove an old Peugeot 106 from London to Mongolia, via a big chunk of Russia - we met them in a local hypermarket car park!! It was sureal!)

Last edited:
When the shed is worth naff all and ready for the scrap heap I will maybe take her over there, I'll try and score 3 weeks off work for it.

Let me know if/when you do and if we're there, we'll give you a really good tour around the best bits! :D

The guy in the clips pulling the gun out to let you in reminds me of Manchester when I was a student. I guy pulled a gun on my car to stop us so he could walk across the road!

Wow these guys are nuts. I would say that Audi clips look worse.

Wow these guys are nuts. I would say that Audi clips look worse.

[youtube]lqJDuZIcQ34[/youtube]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom