Remote batteries

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Needsnewtyres

Car
2014 SL63
Anyone know if the remote lock / unlocked batteries in the key are charged when in the ignition or just need replacing. I need to be within 1 foot of the car to lock / unlock (R231) on both keys

I have not heard of a Mercedes that charges the remote batteries. I know some cars do this.

What does your handbook say?

Even if they are rechergrwbkr6(pretty sure not) then they need replacing at some point.

Open the remote and look at the battery tyo45.

A bit strange you have both keys doing it,as suggested open the key and change the battery/s there are I think two types of key look online to see what one you have as they open differently,when you change the battery be careful of the contacts that make the side of the battery make sure they are in contact.

Anyone know if the remote lock / unlocked batteries in the key are charged when in the ignition or just need replacing.
They don't recharge. They're regular "button" type non-rechargeable cells.

They're easy to replace, but you need to check which batteries your particular key uses. Look in your manual for instructions.
I need to be within 1 foot of the car to lock / unlock (R231) on both keys
Change the batteries in one of the fobs and see if that solves the problem (most likely). If it does then do the same with the other fob. If it doesn't you have another fault that will need diagnosis to determine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom