Remote boot closure from key fob

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abb

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes
Does anyone have a definitive answer why some MB models allow boot closure from the key fob whilst other do not?

Both my ML and CLS are 2012 models, both have powered boot lids, the ML can be operated within the cabin, from the boot itself and the key fob (open & close)

The CLS will operate from the cabin and the boot itself but doesn't allow closing from the key fob, although it does open from the key fob.

Obviously it is no hardship, I was just interested to know the logic behind it! :)

Model level definition?

Does the ML have keyless go and the CLS does not?

Sorry, I meant MB simply enable/disable functions to differentiate model/trim levels.
It may be possible, using STAR, to enable the function.
Bottom line, there is no logic, just marketing ...

Does the ML have keyless go and the CLS does not?

Nope, both the same in that respect.

Sorry, I meant MB simply enable/disable functions to differentiate model/trim levels.
It may be possible, using STAR, to enable the function.
Bottom line, there is no logic, just marketing ...

That makes sense (to MB at least) as I did read on a US forum someone mentioning possibly programming/coding it but wasn't sure if like everything else, it is different over there.

Oh well, at least I will sleep tonight! :)

Do any of the 2011 - 2016 CLS/E-Class have remote close? Suspect that it is a budgetary thing as guess a motor of some kind would be necessary to retract/close the bootlid.

(My ML {W164} has all the variants to open/close the tailgate whilst my E only lacks remote boot close via fob).

If one can close via the door switch the motor is there and it's just a coding thing...

Might be because the ML has a tailgate and the CLS a boot lid?

The angle of the boot lid coming down could be seen to be more dangerous that a tailgate that’s coming from a greater height?

Reactions: Abb
I can open mine with the fob but seem to need to press the button on the tailgate to shut it?

I've got a W205 estate with keyless entry. I can open and close the tailgate from:
- the key
- the button in the car
- waggling my foot under the bumper
- pressing the relevant button on the tailgate.
Such choices!! :D

Might be because the ML has a tailgate and the CLS a boot lid?

The angle of the boot lid coming down could be seen to be more dangerous that a tailgate that’s coming from a greater height?

I think this may be it Lee. As the posts above would indicate it works for estates/SUVs but not saloons/coupes.

I can open mine with the fob but seem to need to press the button on the tailgate to shut it?

Thats the same with my CLS, which would mean the motor is already there. In fact it is the only way of closing the boot lid, by pressing the button on the boot lid, as in if I tried to close it manually (without pressing the button) it just pops back up!

Same with S-Class W220 2003.
Boot opens with the fob, but closes with the button on the boot.
Or from button inside on drivers door.

Thats the same with my CLS, which would mean the motor is already there. In fact it is the only way of closing the boot lid, by pressing the button on the boot lid, as in if I tried to close it manually (without pressing the button) it just pops back up!
Or by holding the button on the drivers door down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom