Remote boot release - E Class A207

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyB2801

Car
Mercedes E250 Cabriolet
Hi, I'm new to the forum as I've not long had an E 250 and had a quick question regarding the boot release. Sometimes when you hit the release on the key fob or from inside the car the boot will open all the way up and other times it only slightly pops open.

Is there a reason for this or is there a way to make it pop open fully each time?

Hi, I'm new to the forum as I've not long had an E 250 and had a quick question regarding the boot release. Sometimes when you hit the release on the key fob or from inside the car the boot will open all the way up and other times it only slightly pops open.

Is there a reason for this or is there a way to make it pop open fully each time?

Will need springs on the boot adjusting. There near boot arms and have adjustment holes. Maybe it doesn't raise when rain is on it? It must be at a tension which is just enough to lift it at the moment.

Will need springs on the boot adjusting. There near boot arms and have adjustment holes. Maybe it doesn't raise when rain is on it? It must be at a tension which is just enough to lift it at the moment.

I think you have a point there, all day on Saturday when the weather was nice the boot opened up all the way and there wasn't a problem. This morning when I got to work and opened the boot and it was raining it just popped open. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but I think you might be right with that!

I looked into this a little bit further as it seems to be a little more intermittent again now. I tried to look at adjusting the springs but I couldn't figure out how to do it? I have an E class convertible so i don't know if that makes any difference? But from what I could see there was no obvious way of adjusting them... any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom