Remote central locking system and installer for W124 recs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Charles Morgan

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes 250CE W114, Alfa Romeo GT Coupe 3.2 V6
My lovely Multivalve W124 has an original MB remote alarm / central locking system that has long since snuffed it. Does anyone have a recommendation for a replacement remote central locking system (I can live without an alarm) to replace it, and also, does anyone have a recommendation for an installer in the West London / Berks/ Bucks / Northeast Surrey area?

DIY is most certainly not an option as I wish the car to continue working in one piece afterwards....:)

Central locking all fine using keys, the handset lights up but nothing then happens.

Which remote do you mean, the flipout remote or the Scorpion remote as pictured below.

Dec
KeyfobAndBatteries.jpg

Charles - is yours the IR one with the "eyes" in the locks or is it the earilier Scorpion type? i'm guessing '93 may be the earlier like on mine.

you can get a remote locker kit for about £40 from ebay + whatever any good auto electrition will charge to fit it.

its just 1 wire (1 wire + earth) to tap into the green wire on the vacuum pump under the drivers side rear seat squab if you are not concerned about the alarm aspect or whether the indicators flash on lock/unlock

if its the scorpion type it may just need a good new battery and re-syncing. i scanned in the manuals here from mine:

MB_ALARM_SYNC_Page1.jpg

MB_ALARM_SYNC_Page2.jpg

MB_ALARM_SYNC_Page3.jpg

MB_ALARM_SYNC_Page4.jpg

Last edited:
It is the Scorpion one. I'll see about re-setting it and changing the batteries first.

Hi,
My understanding of vehicle's of this age fitted with one of the many variations of Scorpion alarms/immobilisers (202's at least) is that the car that has the remote locking, not the scorpion alarm.
Scorpion systems were only fitted to UK cars by the importer or dealer depending on model
I would say if your car has a flip out, single button key fob, then the car had remote central locking as a feature of the car rather than a feature of the Scorpion alarm.
W202's of this vintage had the single button flip out key fob, so did European cars as well, this would seem to prove my point. The Scorpion alarms/immobilisers were designed to utilise the original MB fob to arm/disarm it, the fob apparently sends two signals when the single button is operated, one to arm/disarm alarm and another to operate the locking, it is possible for the remote locking to work without it arming/disarming the Scorpion alarm.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom