Remote closure ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
hey mark, just keep the lock button pressed until windows and roof shut

Depends what year, I dont think the earlier ones work from the key fob, I think it can be enabled in STAR as I came across something while "playing" around the other day. I think the earlier ones use the AC recirulation button as default if you press and hold it the windows and roof will open and press and hold again and they will close.

The other option is to have a mods 4 cars module fitted so you dont have to be near the car to open and close the windows as it work off the cars rf instead of ir

Does anyone remember how to enable the key fob remote to close windows and sunroof ?
I have a W211 E55 :confused:

If it does not work for you when you first close door locks, then press the lock doors button and keep it pressed and point with the key towards the driver side handle (IR receiver), then your one-touch closing probably needs to be initialised.

If your windows do not open or close when you fully press the control button shortly, then close windows and keep the button fully pressed a few seconds still after the window has reached its end position. Do it for both directions and all windows.

If you have already done the above, you should have the car diagnosed with Star.

Depends what year, I dont think the earlier ones work from the key fob, I think it can be enabled in STAR as I came across something while "playing" around the other day. I think the earlier ones use the AC recirulation button as default if you press and hold it the windows and roof will open and press and hold again and they will close.

It would be strange if it didn't work on the early cars, since it was a feature of the W210.

It would be strange if it didn't work on the early cars, since it was a feature of the W210.

I thought exactly the same thing, I had a W210 and when I tried it on my W211 I could not understand it. I read the manual and is says the AC recirculation button :dk:

I have 2006 W203 coupe and I have 2 keys one that's a bit tatty that I don't mind bashing about (the first main key) and the other which is like new (second/spare key) the original key will do the remote total closure but the 2nd key won't, is there a of programming it to that key or does it only work on 1 key at a time?

Managed to get it to work on my 53 reg W211, such an awesome feature.

Procedure:

- Press lock/unlock button once and then release.
- Point key fob at the IR sensor at the driver's side door, you need aim direct at the sensor and be in very close range (within a few inches) or it will fail to activate.
- Press and hold the lock/unlock button and the windows should open/close.

My air recirculation button (press and hold) also closes the windows as well. Pressed again and the windows open to their previous positions.

OK will try it again but I think ( as Alps is aware ) because my drivers side door handle for keyless go is U/S I think the IR might be also !!!

Update:

It actually works by pressing and holding lock/unlock now (single action and no releasing).

You just need to be in line with the IR sensor and close (because of the curve of the handles).

However, my father's W210... I can hold the fob up to about 1/2 metre away and from all sorts of angles because the IR sensor is located more vertical (so facing out more), works on his passenger side too... need to see if I have a IR sensor on my passenger side for testing on my W211.

Last edited:
Mine wasn't working with either of my 2 keys. Had it diagnosed this morning; apparently the sensor in the door handle had failed (worked fine with dash button). On order for replacement as soon as it comes in...

I suppose I should have asked how much (but would be on warranty, anyway, unless its one of those 'exclusions'!).

Orwic

So does no one know why my spare key wont open windows but the everyday key does? Same keys both do everything just 1 won't open the windows

I suppose that if one key works and the other doesn't, it must be a defect in the non-working key, presumably in the IR transmitter of the key. Maybe that isn't sending a signal, or perhaps a defective signal? Can't see what else it would be.

Orwic

Maybe the full closure system just needs activating with the spare key???

WG M-B said:
Maybe the full closure system just needs activating with the spare key???

How would I activate it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom