Remote Dimmer Switch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

94mattda

SUPPORTER
Car
E220 Coupe, Porsche Boxster
Hello, i am looking to buy remote controlled dimmer switches for my house.... plenty on old flea bay but is 400w to high or does it not really matter......

All that means is that it will handle "up to" 400W. As your light is probably less than that, then it's fine. hth

Last edited:
with a dimmer switch always buy larger than needed that way it wont buzz,if the load is 400w and the dimmer is rated at 400w it causes a humming when dimmed

Hi Matt,

I've used several 'Varilight' touch dimming light switches in my house. They come in several finishes, I've got satin chrome/stainless.

They can also be operated from remote.

No problems with them in about 2 years now, and they are 'soft starting', hence they've been very kind to the lamps (very few failures)

What sort/number of light fittings and lamps do you have? Remember, you can't user dimmers on most energy saving or flourescent lamps.

Will

Hi Matt,

I've used several 'Varilight' touch dimming light switches in my house. They come in several finishes, I've got satin chrome/stainless.

They can also be operated from remote.

No problems with them in about 2 years now, and they are 'soft starting', hence they've been very kind to the lamps (very few failures)

What sort/number of light fittings and lamps do you have? Remember, you can't user dimmers on most energy saving or flourescent lamps.

Will

I have none at the moment but am going to replace the lot over time....

Good to know you have no problems..... always good to get some advice. Cheers to everyone

Think of the romance .....

Candlelit dinner , reach over and dim the lights with the remote ..... ;)

Barry White on the stereo with the other remote .... press the wrong button and on comes Metallica

The 20-30 GBP ones in B&Q are good. We have programmed one of the Sky+ buttons to operate it and it works a treat.

Just remember some of the cheaper ones will give off noisy buzzing sounds... !!

Varilight are good as well.... depends how deep your pockets are, how bothered you are aesthetically... I bought some cheapo ones off eBay which are still sitting in their original packaging somewhere.

Hello, any one had experience....mine has decided to turnitself on and off when it feels like it... also my tv remote now works it.

Hello, any one had experience....mine has decided to turnitself on and off when it feels like it... also my tv remote now works it.

You talking about Natalie here? :devil:

:bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom