Remote eyes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tan

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W140 S-Class, Porsche Cayenne and Porsche Boxster
Hi

As part of my home baby proofing exercise, I have purchased a new TV cabinet with doors to keep Jasper away from "my toys", as he prefers these to his own.

Now I need some advice on a good infrared extender so that I can get the signal from at least the sky remote to the box without opening the doors.

Regards

Tan

Last time I looked , Maplin had plenty of these , as well as a distribution amplifier which allowed multiple emitters to be connected and stuck on individual pieces of equipment .

Do ensure adequate ventilation inside the cupboard ( perhaps remove the back altogether ) as it is amazing how much heat builds up .

I am about to go down the same route with an almost two year old now running around the house !

If you only need to control the sky box then you can connect a magic eye to the sky box rf2 output.

Would recommend the SLX magic eye:
Magic Eye Philex SLx Sky TV Link For Sky,Sky Plus or HD on eBay (end time 08-Jun-10 15:15:39 BST)

or if you want something more comapct:
Sky+ TV Link Sky Digi Magic Eye SLX Black Satellite HD on eBay (end time 23-May-10 21:03:21 BST)
Sky? TV Link Sky Digi Magic Eye SLX Plasma LCD Compact on eBay (end time 23-May-10 21:05:30 BST)

If however you want to control multiple devices in the cupboard then use something like:
http://www.letsautomate.com/12758.cfm?

Last edited:
as npuk, the Sky Magic Eye. This will leave you with just a small IR receiver to locate out of the way of your young lad.

When connecting one of these, you will need to go into the sky installer menu and set RF2 power ON. These remotes connect to just RF2, even though your most likely using scart or HDMI and the eye gets its power from the RF2 socket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom