Remote Key

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gstweedie

Car
Mercedes E280 sport
Hi I have just acquired a new Chrome key for my e320 (its from an e class but newer than mine), the seller said that it just needs reprogramming and it would work fine. Not the case according to MB dealer.......................... Anyone help.

The dealer is correct.

You need a new key from a dealer.

you've just wasted your money. They cannot be re-programmed.

I suggest you contact the seller for a refund.

Agree with the others. You've just wasted your money, hopefully you didn't pay too much for it.

EBAY????

Ive asked them loads to put MB keys on their banned items list. I get at least 2 customers a month come in wanting keys re-programming. Impossible im afraid, but now we know what the seller of a car does with the key he promised to forward on to you 'when it turns up'

Thanks

Thanks for the info ......as always you know thw answers, have contacted the seller just waiting reply.

thanks again.

Does anyone know if its possible to swap around the casings of the keys (so the inner part of the chrome key is thown away and replaced by the (working) parts of the original key?

Just an idea - no idea if it would work but possible route for the OP if the seller doesnt refund. Also, unless experienced you risk the chance of damaging your original key....

someone tried it here (i think) but never updated showing their progress:

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=27046&highlight=chrome+key

You can swap the black key innards into other black keys but you can't put them into the chrome ones. The internal measurements and layout is different IIRC.

I like to buy the key of you if the seller doesn't want to take it bak and if it's in pristine condition with the blade, to do an experiment... Howard is right , I tried to change the inside of a blak fob with one of these once and you cannot do it. :(
In fact you cannot do much with...

key

Sorry os that my key waiting for reply.....still, but it cost me 44.99

gareth cant find out to pm you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom