Removable Mercedes Star??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dee-124CAB

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercs Mercs Mercs....
Came accross this, dont know how but got me thinking weather it would be a good idea....

Personally, I wouldnt be someone who removed it every night or every time the car is left unattended, but on the odd occassion where I am forced to park it in a place where im less than pleased to do so, could be a handy idea....

Also gives the choice of alternating between having a car with a star and without....

mercedes-emblem.com - Detachable MERCEDES emblem - http://mercedes-emblem.com - YouTube

Detachable Mercedes Emblem Libelleq

I never had problem with the star (on my previous cars).
In fact had more trouble with the rear star.
They just pull out.

I think forum member Spike used to have a vacuum operated retractable star on his old W124 coupé :thumb:

Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5-16 - Vacuum operated retractil star - YouTube

The vacuum operated one is a very cool idea, but the above clip will demonstrate it is only really a viable option on cars that had the star mounted on the chrome grill (ie: W201, W126, W123 etc)

For later cars, that had the star mounted on the bonnet and the grill seperate, like the W210 , W202, even the facelift W124... then this is the best option imo....

I had a detachable one on my 190 a few years ago.

I also have the vacuum retractable one somewhere in the garage but it is missing the chrome surround for the grille.

Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5-16 - Vacuum operated retractil star - YouTube

The vacuum operated one is a very cool idea, but the above clip will demonstrate it is only really a viable option on cars that had the star mounted on the chrome grill (ie: W201, W126, W123 etc)

For later cars, that had the star mounted on the bonnet and the grill seperate, like the W210 , W202, even the facelift W124... then this is the best option imo....

Looks like it's ready to grab some poor unsuspecting passer-by's leg as they walk past. :eek:

Those look very well made... may have to try one...

I have the vacuum operated retractable star on my 300TE. Fantastic bit of kit.

Yep, anyone bought one? fancy getting my old man one for xmas.

I didn't get one.. Decided it's expensive when badges are only A few £

The vac operated one is worth every penny

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom