REMOVAL OF BONNET BADGE.

Discussion in 'Bodywork' started by REGGO, Feb 5, 2019.

1. REGGO

REGGO Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    61 PLATE C220D
    Hi all. wanting some advice on the removal of the bonnet badge on my 2011 w204. currently it has the raised star gunsight style fitted and I am wanting to fit a flush one. I have noticed it hasn't got a nut and bolt fitting, but a sort of bayonet style spring idea. YOUTUBE shows the removal with a proper tool and one with a pair of pliers, has anybody used either of these methods and how easy is it. without damage.
    Bit OCD about breaking things. Cheers.:).:thumb:.

2. Neiltodd

Neiltodd Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    c63 amg estate
    It is fairly easy to do without the special tool (if I managed it I reckon most can!)

3. ash59fifty-uk

ash59fifty-uk Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W204 C63, Ford Transit
  4. moodi

moodi Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    CLS55
  5. Headhurts

Headhurts Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Mercedes E350 Estate Night Edition
    On mine lift bonnet and under the badge is a plastic spring clip, just pinch together and push up.

£39.50 for the genuine one seems expensive but I would buy genuine if I needed one.

Robin

Neiltodd likes this.
  6. Scoops1972

Scoops1972 Active Member

Car:
    W204 C250 CDI Sport
    The spring loaded assembly simply twists around. A pair of pliers is sufficient on one of the lugs, as the only resistance is that of the spring. I used pipe grips/water pump pliers to get the leverage to twist. The emblem is mounted in a hole with opposing key ways (slots) so will not turn as you turn the spring loaded assembly. Fitting a new flat badge is even simpler, with the hole cleaned it can be located in the hole and simply pushed into place, with a satisfying click as the plastic spring lugs secure it. Just remember to hold onto the raised star emblem when you remove it, as it's a relatively heavy metal lump and could make a mess if it slid down your bonnet to the windscreen! Good luck.

REGGO likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    REGGO

REGGO Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    61 PLATE C220D
    Cheers Scoops1972, going to have a go later when the weather brightens up.:thumb:.