Removal of MOST and its components

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GLK

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
As part of the head unit upgrade, I'm going to retire all the MOST components from the car (A200 C169 2006 WDD169333), including the Audio 20 NTG 2.

Looking at the EPC (VIN-specific), it doesn't appear to have anything else, but the obvious: CDC, UHI and a phone console, there's no extra amp for the subwoofer/speakers, neither is subwoofer linked to MOST at all:

35361641094_29143eaf71_o.png

Am I correct in assuming that, once the Audio 20 is gone, there will be no errors passed on to the instrument cluster, due to the open fibre network, and I do not need to locate and close open loops?

What I'm trying to establish is whether the instrument cluster (or CPU) rings the MOST on its own, or just gets the info from the Audio 20, and if none is present, than it's fine?

I removed most of mine...no errors showing anywhere.

Excellent, so hopefully my assumption is correct, and the diagnostics of the MOST network is done by the head unit itself :thumb:

Just a quick note for anyone, looking into a similar situation: as Ciaran said, no errors, which is great.

I removed all the MOST components, and the telephone console, didn't use any fibre optic loops on the open-ended points of the network, as it is completely redundant now - just some Tesa tape and self-adhesive foam, to keep the large plugs from knocking about, and that's that.

The instrument cluster display shows the correct info on a music track, played off a USB drive (although it classifies the source as SD, as if coming from a COMAND unit, I guess); a phone connected to the new HU, is operational via the steering wheel with [rudimentary, as before] display in the instrument cluster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom