removal of N/S door panel on e class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ROBO

Can anyone give me a pointer on how to remove the n/s door card / panel on a 2003 E class. I presume that there are bolts located under the door handle panel (panel that holds electric window switch) but any assistance on how to remove this, as I don't want to cause damage, or indeed any other hints or tips would be appreciated.
Thanks.

I've seen a rear W210 one removed by someone who knows what they're doing.

I wouldn't have dared.....

I've seen a rear W210 one removed by someone who knows what they're doing.

I wouldn't have dared.....

really..??
It takes about 2 minutes.

Olivier,
Thanks a lot for your efforts, unfortunately this is obviously shows an earlier model and the door panel is not moulded or mounted the same. Thanks again

really..??
It takes about 2 minutes.
It did need some force applied to release. Normally when I try these things myself the result is breakage.....

Normally there is a screw under the main armrest, one behind the release handle trim and one behind the SRS badge. Release the trims with a plastic ruler or spatula.

Next prise the complete trim away from the door frame starting at the bottom corner to unclip the retainers, then unclip it from the window seal.
Lastly unclip the release cable from the back of the handle.

Hi Robo,

if you can hold on a few days, I'll be changing the passenger side door control unit in my '06, which involves taking off the panel - I'll take pics as I do it, and send them on to you after.

I've already done driver side, from memory there are 3 torx bolts to remove:
- 2 under a smooth plastic panel where you grip the arm-rest (pull off the bottom edge first)
- 1 under the roughly-hexagonal panel up near the mirror mounting
- and you need to remove the hard plastic block around the door lock where it catches onto the B pillar, might be another torx bolt here.

The rest of the panel is secured with 4 or 5 spring-loaded clips around the lower half of the panel which you can pull out and push back in easily.

Hoever, this is from memory - I'll confirm with pics before the weekend.

Cheers,
Eddie.

fast eddie you are a star!
100% correct,did mine this morn no probs at all.
Thanks all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom