removal of VDO ECU e280 M104.192 w124

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

titters

Going to get it tested but is there an easy way of getting it out? can't pull directly up as not enough space under the windscreen. What is the other big module infront of it, and does that have to come out? Does anyone rate/know ecu-repairs in Greenwich?

Many Thanks Iain

Remove the unit in front of it, remove the bracket holding it in place & it should come free. Then you can unplug it.

I've always found HFM (what you have) or PMS or EZL 'repairs' to be a waste of time.

Some of the HFM units aren't coded & if you can find a replacement it'll plug & play.

What's the part # on yours?

Had a new ECU on our E280 last month. That did need to be coded even though the part number was the same.

Going to get it tested but is there an easy way of getting it out? can't pull directly up as not enough space under the windscreen. What is the other big module infront of it, and does that have to come out? Does anyone rate/know ecu-repairs in Greenwich?

Many Thanks Iain

Have you opened the bonnet to the full vertical position? The bonnet opens to a 45 degree position first- you then need to free the clips on the bonnet stays at each side and the bonnet will open fully.

Lumpy idle - can't get it in to the garage til next week so I thought I'd get the ECU tested as the loom looks ok (although its been repaired at some stage) and the coil packs have been swapped out at some stage too cos theyre not all the same.

Try cleaning the throttle body throat and butterfly with solvent- a build up of crud there can cause idling problems. Another favourite suspect is the emissions control pipework+solenoid valve on the wing leaking causing a inlet manifold air leak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom