remove heater blower fan 2012 W204 C class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tonygw

MB Enthusiast
Car
C250 CDI AMG Blue efficiency diesel
Hi Guys

The heater blower fan motor on my 2012 w204 has developed and chirping noise which is very annoying.
I amd going to replace it and had a go a removing the original.
So I have got good access to it under the passenger side dash and watched a few you tube videos on how to remove the unit..which involves pulling down a plastic retaining "tang" and rotating the whole thing.

So I pulled down the plastic tang which allowed me to rotate the housing and at this point it "should" drop out. Except it doesnt on mine it seems to hit a stop after a short rotation and shows no signs of allowing the blower to drop down.

I have tried all sorts but for the life of me I cannot get it to rotate any further or show any signs of dropping to allow removal?

Can any body shed an words of wisdom on how I can proceed? I dont really want to have to take it to an indy garage for what should be a fairly straight forward job?

I can access it from the top under the bonnet but I cannot see whats holding it in place there either.

Cheers

Hi Guys

The heater blower fan motor on my 2012 w204 has developed and chirping noise which is very annoying.
I amd going to replace it and had a go a removing the original.
So I have got good access to it under the passenger side dash and watched a few you tube videos on how to remove the unit..which involves pulling down a plastic retaining "tang" and rotating the whole thing.

So I pulled down the plastic tang which allowed me to rotate the housing and at this point it "should" drop out. Except it doesnt on mine it seems to hit a stop after a short rotation and shows no signs of allowing the blower to drop down.

I have tried all sorts but for the life of me I cannot get it to rotate any further or show any signs of dropping to allow removal?

Can any body shed an words of wisdom on how I can proceed? I dont really want to have to take it to an indy garage for what should be a fairly straight forward job?

I can access it from the top under the bonnet but I cannot see whats holding it in place there either.

Cheers
For anyone trying to get the blower out and it only turns a few centimeters it's because it's catching on the glovebox.
It caused me agony trying to get it out.
Un do the glovebox,,4 screws and move back 5mm and you can remove the motor so easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom