Remove S205 rear window trim?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeBenz1

Car
S205, 2016 C250d Bluetec AMG line
Hi,

Does anyone k ow how to remove the chrome window trims from the rear windows of an estate S205?

I think they pop off outwards rather than upwards but just need some certainty.

Hi,

Does anyone k ow how to remove the chrome window trims from the rear windows of an estate S205?

I think they pop off outwards rather than upwards but just need some certainty.
I’ll tell you a week on Saturday because all my trims are being replaced. Judging my the wedge profile on the back of the trim I’m guessing/hoping they just prise outwards. 🤞

Well...actually they don't come off easily. The rear trims have a clip which is not re-usable, so reinstallation needs new clips. Only £1 each, but it's a shame that these aren't re-usable.

Well...actually they don't come off easily. The rear trims have a clip which is not re-usable, so reinstallation needs new clips. Only £1 each, but it's a shame that these aren't re-usable.
That’s good information. Thank you Mike. 🙏

I’ve got 8/12 trims here but still awaiting the remaining 4 (ironically the 4 for the 2 fixed rear windows).

fitting has been postponed so they can be all changed at once.

Please can you share info on the clips so I can buy them in?

TIA. Ant.4DB5B820-6252-45C3-9C29-D60399643F9C.jpeg

Are the new trims painted or wrapped ?? Could you give an idea of cost?

That’s good information. Thank you Mike. 🙏

I’ve got 8/12 trims here but still awaiting the remaining 4 (ironically the 4 for the 2 fixed rear windows).

fitting has been postponed so they can be all changed at once.

Please can you share info on the clips so I can buy them in?

TIA. Ant.View attachment 104547
Sure, part number is A0049913470. I think you'll need 7 per side of the car

Just a thought...you might need the same clips for the trims that go over the top of the doors too. Do those trims have a channel in the back, like on the rear window?

If its a warranty...why are you doing it
The dealership in Southampton (I’m in Scotland) offered me the trims FOC on the basis that I have them fitted locally. But now you mention it I’m wondering why BM of Carlisle shouldn’t be fitting them. 🤔

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom