Remove stains from plastic engine cover

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slartibartfast

SUPPORTER
Car
W221 S350L, R231 SL350, SL400
I'm cleaning my engine compartment (W221) and can't seem to remove some (oil?) stains from the engine cover. I've tried hot soapy water, PERL, GooGone... to no avail. Any other suggestions would be welcome, thanks.

IMG_20220417_123611.jpgIMG_20220417_123607.jpg

Can’t answer your question, but I’ve a similar issue with the fins under the v8 badge on my SL. They’re very discoloured.🤷‍♂️

If it's not worked with petrol or white spirit, maybe it just needs a recoating with enamel paint 🤷‍♂️. Use only non gloss enamel to keep oem look. 🙂

Tool and Mould cleaner aerosol spray would be my go to assuming it's not a smooth finish. Maybe use a stiff brush with it.

Is it painted plastic or is it actual silver plastic?

I used one of those magic sponges on the black plastic trim in the boot of my S Class. Removed scuffs from bags going in the back and did a good job. Might be worth a go, can get them cheap off Amazon.

G9dRf60.jpg

7659Zbo.jpg

zvaBSvV.jpg

Might be worth a go for what they cost. :)

Try surfex hd (available on Amazon and online) really good stuff can be diluted and used in many different applications inside and out

Probably too late now but Engine cleaner would have been my choice spray on agitate and leave 10 mins then rinse off

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom