Remove Stop Start Button

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

j4jack

Car
2015 E63 AMG
Hi World - About to become the owner of a 2015 E63 AMG. Quite concerned about all the threads about how easy it is to steal a car with stop start. Been over a few topics but can't seem to find an answer to this question.

I know that you can remove the stop start button by prising it out and then using the key to start the car. Can you just plug any stop start button that you got from ebay into the empty spot and it will start, or is each stop start button encoded to each car?

Thanks,

Jacko

Pics will be up soon ...

Why don't you just disable Keyless Go from the fob after locking the car?

Said that, I know of at least one AMG (SL55) that was taken in minutes, without using Keyless Go. The best protection is probably Ghost, as AMGeed suggested, rather than relying on fake Start Engine buttons.

Double click the lock button on the key fob, keyless go deactivated, job done! What could be more simpler?

Double click the lock button on the key fob, keyless go deactivated, job done! What could be more simpler?
A user setting to disable it with only one click of the key ?

Reactions: Ted
Welcome to the forum:thumb:
The button is coded to the car Jacko. One of the fake buttons will look the part, thats all.

Are you sure it's coded to the car?
I thought if the part number was correct it would work.

A user setting to disable it with only one click of the key ?
Or not having it at all.

When did turning a key become such a chore?

Reactions: Ted
a) The button is not coded to the car - any will do
b) You can disable a key (until any button on key is pressed) by double clicking lock button - BUT this is only on the newer cars
- My GLC does this (2016), my SL (2004) does not.
c) As others state, I'd put an Autowatch Ghost on (talk to www.comand.co.uk)

R

Why don't you just disable Keyless Go from the fob after locking the car?

Said that, I know of at least one AMG (SL55) that was taken in minutes, without using Keyless Go. The best protection is probably Ghost, as AMGeed suggested, rather than relying on fake Start Engine buttons.

I always found it amusing that the proponents of keyless go said no problem......put the key in a faraday cage / disable the system when leaving the car .....completely defeated the convenience of having a keyless system.

However as the op is happy to use a key - disabling seems like a plan. I would also get the Autowatch Ghost system fitted.

Autowatch Ghost would be no use to me as I take my keys to bed, and I will do my best not to give the keys up.
So if I had Autowatch Ghost it would just mean prepare for round 2.

Welcome to the forum:thumb:
The button is coded to the car Jacko. One of the fake buttons will look the part, thats all.

In your position I'd get Autowatch Ghost 2 fitted. Inexpensive immobiliser for £399 fitted.
Ghost Immobiliser
Sounds good - i'll get the Ghost - thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom