removing a fault code

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tekman

Car
C 320 CDI
Ok so here goes I have placed this on engine bit and another thread
Car running fine service due so off it goes to Indy garage son`s he does service no issues , resets service, and of we go couple of days later Eml on did scan using Mycarly and Icarsoft MbII.
code said right air mass sensor foil exceeding limit so told it to delete and wait on Eml yep came back so took bat wing off found problem with seal to turbo replace then informed by member to replace Pvc valve did that orded new bat wing with Air mass sensors complete fitted today did scan and delete code using Icarsoft light goes off leave then come back and its back on scan with Mycarly same code delete drive then it comes back,
so if they are totally different sensors why is same code coming back and if its not being deleted how on earth do you delete it P133B00 upper limit value of component B2/7(right hot film mass air flow sensor) has been exceeded
C320 Cdi 2009 W204
Please please any help

Yep thought same so if the hot film air mass flow sensor isnt this where is it see pic

Attachments

• Air intake with mark up resize.JPG
    Air intake with mark up resize.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 13
This sensor what is it and can it cause my issue of air mass flow hot film sensor ???

Attachments

• Air intake cropped.JPG
    Air intake cropped.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
Did you buy a genuine bat wing

So Update on problem With this code P133B00 Air mass sensor bank 1 drift compensation B2/7 Right film mass air flow sensor has been exceeded.

You wrote this as being the description for the code on your other thread. So that would imply the error is being flagged due to the compensation or adaption value that has been learnt, not a problem with the sensed value itself. If that is the case changing the sensor won't reset that automatically.

From your other thread there was the reply
SDS has filter reset. As well as MAF reset (if changed).

I also read the fault happened after a seal was damaged during service. It'd be an unfortunate coincidence if the MAF went bad at the same time too. I would have tried the reset first. Was it?

You wrote this as being the description for the code on your other thread. So that would imply the error is being flagged due to the compensation or adaption value that has been learnt, not a problem with the sensed value itself. If that is the case changing the sensor won't reset that automatically.

From your other thread there was the reply

I also read the fault happened after a seal was damaged during service. It'd be an unfortunate coincidence if the MAF went bad at the same time too. I would have tried the reset first. Was it?
Ok thank you so that saying might something I have noticed that each time I remove code it taking longer to come each event
first time removed code came straight back used mycarly so re-scan with Icarsoft came straight back on
took bat wing off notice seal fix clean start no light so switch off left sort time start up came back on
remove code drove 50 mile short time still re start back on left it on till back home remove code
stipped down bat wing sensor removed cleaned new pcv valve
stayed off can drive for while untill you stop engine then comes on remove code
ok no light
got new bat wing with sensors not cheap insatlled remove code drive same route about 50 mile stopped for around 1 hr restarted car no light drove around 30 mile stopped 10 mins light came on
so like you say the car might be relearning values again
I have heared of a guy local that has SDS its about £95 and thats 3/4 tank of fuel lol , but if the car is allready learning could it be a case of I will remove it and it say off or can this cause problem the car drives great when it does come on and it never comes on when driving only when you stop

Ok now me very puzzled, Got into car this morning started no light drove around 60 miles bit of traffic stop start motorway left it about 1hr.
restarted light on pulled up coupl mile down road put Icarly in same code and message cleared it Drove home stopped tesco came out came on. so sat here going through google looking at different threads pic my phone up looked at code P133B00,
so do google search nothing but it said put 0 in to read P0133 which is O2 sensor not mass air flow sensor which is in discription see pic
so is it air flow sensor or is it O2 sensor ????

Attachments

• IMG_E0433.JPG
    IMG_E0433.JPG
    324.6 KB · Views: 2
No matter what the code reader, the actual code read will be correct. The protocol used to interface between car and tool is standardised. P133B-00 is plausible. The last 00s are called the failure bytes. They aren't always used, in which case they are 00. Many tools don't report them when they are 00. Those databases you Google don't reference them either.
So code is valid but the description of that code can differ if you have a generic machine. Some code ranges are strictly manufacturer specific others are defined by ISO, so will be common for all.
P13XX is in the manufacturer specific range, so as long as your tool explicitly supports your car (ie not just using Eobd) the description should be correct too.

No matter what the code reader, the actual code read will be correct. The protocol used to interface between car and tool is standardised. P133B-00 is plausible. The last 00s are called the failure bytes. They aren't always used, in which case they are 00. Many tools don't report them when they are 00. Those databases you Google don't reference them either.
So code is valid but the description of that code can differ if you have a generic machine. Some code ranges are strictly manufacturer specific others are defined by ISO, so will be common for all.
P13XX is in the manufacturer specific range, so as long as your tool explicitly supports your car (ie not just using Eobd) the description should be correct too.
Hi Yes the Icarly system is unlocked to mercedes only and the Icarsoft MbII is too.
I am reluctant to call a guy out spend £95 so he presses a button for EML to go out then drive a short distance to find when I start it up it comes back I am considering getting the Icarsoft Mbv3 which I believe has air filter re learn on it.
dont want to have this hassle everytime I change air filters if that is what has caused it so I am learning all the time
so it looks like like its the values it learnt from dirty air filters and when I put in new ones I didnt know you had to tell the car you had fitted new ones ( didnt have to on Ford`s ) LOL

Update So spoke to a nice guy who has star system he coming out on Tues afternoon to have a look at it and try and get to bottom of what causing problem will update has things progress hopfully will get it sorted

Update So spoke to a nice guy who has star system he coming out on Tues afternoon to have a look at it and try and get to bottom of what causing problem will update has things progress hopfully will get it sorted
So Update ( no skipping to end you miss all the fun)
Well Chris nice guy turned up this morning and plugged in is Star system and instantly told him left air mass sensor he removed code well tried it wouldnt let him so bonnet up checked every thing told him what had be done.
so he asked me if had kept original bat wing got it plugged it in wouldnt let him remove code so he did indipendant check said left air mass sensor so did battery reset nope wouldnt let him remove it so he flipped bat wing upside down to see if it was same side yes it was.
so he said not a sensor fault has it would have moved sides.
but this code kept saying left side air mass hot film problem.
so he said what ever it is this system not letting remove code which he found odd
after a short while he took fuse lid off under bonnet and there it was straight in front of us blown 15amp fuse he changed it and yep let it remove code he put original bat wing back on tested system all ok
Took for a good 50 mile run stopped for lunch got back in no EML no issue just been out to test it after being back a short time and no EML
so a BLOODY FUSE was the damed proplem TYPICAL
so all sorted now

glad you got it sorted...a lesson for us all... I bet you blew a personal fuse when you found out!! plug yourself into a chair and replace fuse with a nice beer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom