Removing a stereo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
How do you remove a stereo?

I want to remove my standard Blauplukt tape deck off my 95' C-Class, when I pull it out, it comes out about 1" and locks, any ideas?

You normally need some "keys" to remove a stereo - to push back the clips that hold it to the "cage" .... depends on the model. If you have small circular or straight holes on the left & right hand sides then you will definitely need some.

Others are fixed from the inside and are even more tricky to remove ... the integrated type, but if you have a W202 then it should just be a question of getting the right keys.

S.

Cheers, will check tomorrow

Hi BBW

If you are unsure about removing your unit, I would suggest leaving it well alone and get advice from your local ICE store, chances are if they are worth their salt, they will pop it out for you if you ask nicely! Are you removing it to upgrade BTW?

Originally posted by BBW
How do you remove a stereo?

I want to remove my standard Blauplukt tape deck off my 95' C-Class, when I pull it out, it comes out about 1" and locks, any ideas?

I got my Blauplukt out using standard "u-hook" (what I call them!) keys available from Halfords for a few quids.

Re: Re: Removing a stereo

Originally posted by GrahamC230K
I got my Blauplukt out using standard "u-hook" (what I call them!) keys available from Halfords for a few quids.
Last time I had to do this I got Halfords to do it for nothing, I told them I was interested in a headunit but needed to check to see if the ISO adapter was already in there, the ICE bloke came out with a selection of "keys" and popped the headunit out, I said I would be back inside in a few mins to look at the stereos and adapters... *gone* :D

Sorry to hijack this, but:

Just out of interest, I have a 98 E class. On another website (that shall remain nameless) someone (think it was Fuzzer) points out that the boot is pre wired for a CD changer.

Can anyone confirm, and of so, where and what side (looking in the boot) is the cabling?

Thanks guys!

It was myself Greg . I know the US spec cars like i was posting online about have the prewire in them. Im not 100% about the euro spec ones.

If its anywhere , it will be on the right hand side of the boot behind the side carpet and the changer will go into the well at the back.

Thanks Jason.

Next stupid question: what would the wiring look like if it was there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom