Removing Ashtray Panel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sym

MB Enthusiast
Car
W204 C220CDI Sport
Hi All

Taking apart my dash at the moment to hard wire some stuff.... how do you remove the panel containing the ashtray - it seems to be secured from the bottom, but I can't find screws / clips to release it ... I'm sure there's an easy answer !!

Help !!!

HI,
first prize off the trim surrounding the gearknob taking care not to damage it. i just used a small electrical screwdriver it just clips off,then the little tray in front of that will just lift out, allowing you to access screws that hold ashtray in. there are two screws on the top of the pocket above ashtray which screw into upper radio facia. once these are out the ashtray and pocket can be removed together.the upper pocket then just slides off ashtray. hope this helps.

Thanks Pepe - you have saved the day (and the ashtray !!)

S.

1. Remove your chrome gear surround (by hand)
  2. Remove the window swith panel by pulling it up from the coin/holder side
  3. Remove the electical connectors underneath this panel by pulling them carefully
  4. Remove your CD holder/Cubby hole using a phillips driver (2 screws on the bottom of the front dash facia, and pull out)
  5. 2 phillips screw the ash tray (you will see them under the coin tray u previously pulled out)
    [/list=1]

HTH

not sure if yours is same as mine but i didnt have to remove all wiring from switch panel it just lifted over gearknob,and left it there which got it out the way to do rest.

Thanks K. & Pepe - all sorted now and job done.

have a :bannana: each

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom