Removing CD Storage box in W209 CLK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sjmaxwell

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2016 SL63
Does anyone know how to remove the CD storage box in the glove box next to the CD changer in a CLK (W209)?

There are a couple of clips that pop downward through the bottom of the shelf it sits on.

You can push the clips upward (as you can easily get at the bottom of the shelf) whilst pulling the storage box out. I use MB pulling hooks to pull the CD storage box out.

You have to unclip the AUX socket first though as it gets in the way. This is done by removing the end cover of the dashboard, and then clipping up the front section of the AUX socket and pushing it back through the hole. The reason for removing the end cover of the dashboard is actually to help you put the AUX socket back in afterwards.

Richard

I finally got round to taking a look at this but cant find/see/feel any clips sticking down through the shelf from the CD storage box. It does have two little "nicks" either side of it though.

Does the glove box lid have to be removed or is there a different fitting on the W209 cab?

Ok, UPDATE - There are two push in clips at the bottom as stated but in my car they didn't hold the unit in as it would appear that the worker in the factory just used brute strength to fit as the glove box was distorted and not the correct shape!!

Just shows how poor Chrysler Benz built quality had got, mind you I'm not seeing much of an improvement on my E Coupe as I had to clip one end of the plastic bit behind the grill in myself as it was detached!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom