Removing Centre rear seat belt W203 Estate?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

blitz500sl

Car
92' R129 500SL - 04' E500 Estate - 09' Smart 451 CDI
Hi does anyone know how to remove a W203 estate rear centre seat belt?

THanks

Problems can arise when you fold down the seats and the belt tightens, meaning the seat back cannot be raised, the entire seat has to be stripped to replace the seat belt mechanism.
W203 Estate rear seat jammed

Thanks. The belt has been cut already so but I'm not sure how to strip the seat.

Thanks

I have a W203 C class estate and have never heard of this . Thanks for bringing it to my attention and best of luck getting the belt free.:thumb:

It is a classic Pete. It will sneak up on you at MOT time (failure). You can get lucky by releasing a tiny fraction of tension with a pry bar on the hip belt. But it does stick on my C55. If I can leave it a few days t will usually free itself up.

It is a classic Pete. It will sneak up on you at MOT time (failure). You can get lucky by releasing a tiny fraction of tension with a pry bar on the hip belt. But it does stick on my C55. If I can leave it a few days t will usually free itself up.
Thanks for that Bruce. I will look into it later, or better still tomorrow as I am off to the pub now. I have had the car 17 months and have never used the centre belt but I did have to strip the whole 40% rear seat back to free the lock up so I could remove the load cover to drop the seats. That was explained in some of my very first posts on here.

Thanks for the responses. Any idea how to strip the sest down to remove the belt mechanism?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom