Removing ink from a washer load of clothes and a pen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Dazzler

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
Smart ForFour AMG Black Series Night Edition Premium Plus 125 Powered by Brabus
Hmmm. A persistent phone call from Mrs D this morning.

We're off on holiday on Friday, so to be helpful I put a load of washing in. I later found out it contained 10 of my best work shirts - three of which were brand new!! - and miscellaneous bits for the rest of the Dazzlers.

Oh and my best pen, still attached to one of the shirts.

Quite an expensive mistake to make!!

Any tried and tested methods of removing ink from a whole load??!!

Mrs D has had promising results by handwashing one of Baby D's t-shirts, but it's small, and it's just the first!!

Is it blobs of ink or a general, overall inkiness?

Mrs WN advises using Oxyclean in the washing machine.

TM Lewins are doing 5 shirts for £ 100 until end of May- thought that might help a little?

My wife swears by Vanish for just about any stain - and it can go in the washing machine!

Is it blobs of ink or a general, overall inkiness?

General inkiness. Indigo hint to everything!!

TM Lewins are doing 5 shirts for £ 100 until end of May- thought that might help a little?

Now that seems like a bargain regardless of whethe it's a total loss. Checking their website next.

bicarbanate of soda :D

I'll pass it on.

Success from handwashing several items - just taking an age - bicarb might be just the ticket for doing a job lot.

Thank you.

Duplicate post.

IMHO TM Lewin shirts are really good value if you like that sort of thing. Alternative is Charles Tyrwhitts -www.ctshirts.co.uk.

I Think a bunch of flowers for Mrs Dazzler may work wonders :)

As the washing machine is a no go for me I've no idea, however we spend a small fortune on 'Vanish' from our local Costco and that seems to get rid of the worse a 5 month old can make of white.....

Order now placed with Lewin for next day delivery!!

Just for you Bobby Daz. :D

Blocked whilst I'm at work, so I'll take a look later.

I Think a bunch of flowers for Mrs Dazzler may work wonders :)

Great idea. I'll tell her I was going to but realised as I handed over my credit card that we're be on holiday in 3 days and it would be a shame to waste!! :D

Last edited:
And another

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

Mrs D managed to save the day, and all shirts rescued. I think the only casualties were Mrs D's pants and the actual pen!! Shame it was a really nice carbon fibre MB pen :(

I'm told that the most successful method was soaking in very highly concentrated solution of hand wash followed by a good rub.

I told her about my intention to buy flowers. ;) I'll buy her an ice cream on holiday instead.

Last edited:
"I told her about my intention to buy flowers. ;) I'll buy her an ice cream on holiday instead."

Result... Pocket the money towards a new Pen :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom