Removing manual gearstick

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Iyse

Car
Porsche Boxster
I want to remove the tray above the gearstick in my W202, but it requires the removal of the facia where the manual gearstick is. How do I remove the gearstick cover so I can remove the facia?

start pulling at stuff until it comes away, that's pretty much how everything comes apart on a w202 :)

Make sure you take pics throughout for the howto!

Are you serious?! Just pull it away? Well, after that's off, how do I get the facia off? Just pull at that too I presume... DO I really just tug at stuff to get it off?

Iyse said:
Are you serious?! Just pull it away? Well, after that's off, how do I get the facia off? Just pull at that too I presume... DO I really just tug at stuff to get it off?
This is how it works on the automatic:

1. if you want to, twist the bottom of the gearknob and then pull up to remove it.
2. pull up on the shift selector surround and it comes off
3. pull up on the patterned plastic panel with the buttons on etc and it comes off, unplug the connectors underneath
4. pull up on the coin tray and it comes out.

That takes literally about 20 seconds and you're down to this:
w202comand05.jpg

I just read up in my Haynes here and it's exactly the same for the manual versions!

Iyse said:
I want to remove the tray above the gearstick in my W202, but it requires the removal of the facia where the manual gearstick is. How do I remove the gearstick cover so I can remove the facia?

The gearstick and the facia where the window switches are come apart together. If you just need access to below the facia, you don't need to sperate the gearstick.

Open up the cubby hole between the gearstick and the armrest and apply light upwards pressure to the facia. It will pop up.

Attachments

• gearstick.jpg
    gearstick.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 82

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom