removing moss from rubbers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dsan

hey all,

one of the jobs I need to tackle on my W126 is the removal of my new friends: moss. Due to the car standing for a while, a load of moss has started to grow on the rubber.

I've scrubbed with a few rags but it's not taking it off as nicely as i'd have expected. Any tips on banishing this for good?

thanks

This.

Dilute it with water 1:10 and give it a try. It's a concentrate and is very good for all sort of cleaning/degreasing work on the car.

WD40.and a paint brush.

GTechniq W1? Used it to get rid of some on the seal round my sunroof then went on to use it neat on my carpets and got rid of the stains there

Great ideas all, will be trying them all when the weather gets better. Ta

tesco all purpose cleaner dilute it 4to1 and the good news only 40p a bottle

A moist toothbrush worked for me.

Any all purpose cleaner will work well. G101 from Autosmart, SX101 from Saanro, Clean All from Autoglym and even Daisy from Tescos all work pretty well - just don't use them neat.

Just washing the car with regular detergent will kill moss.
Is it really moss you have, or just green growth?

BTW: We get more moss growing now as a result of cleaner air.

Just washing the car with regular detergent will kill moss.
Is it really moss you have, or just green growth?

BTW: We get more moss growing now as a result of cleaner air.

In my case I used the toothbrush to remove 'green growth' - didn't check what it was and not sure I'd know how tell what it was. Regular washing didn't do the trick - but it came off surprisingly well with just a few gentle toothbrush strokes. I guess there's no harm inn using screenwash though.

I had green on the rubbers on one of my other cars.

I just used Tesco Value Vinegar @ the ratio 1:0* and an old tooth brush to "agitate"* then rinse of with clean water.

*Ratio and lingo used such that is it not out of place in the detailing section. :rolleyes:

@Dieselman, I think it might just be growth. The mounts are being replaced at Gem-tech at the moment, so will be able to check when I get back.

There's a joke here about a skinny model and condoms, but I can't for the life of me think what it is..........

WD40 is great stuff but will affect the rubber unfortunately.
ok,clean clean off with soapy water afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom