Removing paper residue from windscreen, ideas?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ash59fifty-uk

MB Enthusiast
Car
C204 C63, VW Transporter
Anyone have any remedies for removing this annoyance? Why someone has been leafleting on car windscreens in this weather is beyond me, do they not have sense! image-1226496494.jpg

image-2204669518.jpg

It's only paper...wet it. Have you never taken the label off a jam jar?

renault12ts said:
It's only paper...wet it.

Just been to the shop and made the guy clean it off. Was that or my friend who owns the local big car wash write out a receipt for a clean and have him pay, think I was pretty fair

renault12ts said:
It's only paper...wet it. Have you never taken the label off a jam jar?

Nope. Labels from DVDs and games maybe, but they have adhesive underneath and just end up wrecked

renault12ts said:
Wow...I bet the birds round your way are in fear of their lives.:D

Admittedly it's a minor situation, works Christmas do last night and I've only just got back so I blame my mood on my hangover! :eek:

Admittedly it's a minor situation, works Christmas do last night and I've only just got back so I blame my mood on my hangover! :eek:

Well, I'm going to buck the trend.
The last lot who dared touch our cars with a leaflet drop, a Christian group, were instructed in very un-Christain terms to keep their fingers off any car that didn't belong to them. And to keep off private property.

Personally, and I realise I'm sticking my neck out here, anyone who touches a car that doesn't belong to them without asking or being given permission, is up for unflinchingly stern treatment. It shows a complete lack of respect for someone else's property and or value (monetarily or emotionally) they attach to it.

Good on you for making them deal with it.

Last edited:
Well, I'm going to buck the trend.
The last lot who dared touch our cars with a leaflet drop, a Christian group, were instructed in very un-Christain terms to keep their fingers off any car that didn't belong to them. And to keep off private property.

Personally, and I realise I'm sticking my neck out here, anyone who touches a car that doesn't belong to them without asking or being given permission, is up for unflinchingly stern treatment. It shows a complete lack of respect for someone else's property and or value (monetarily or emotionally) they attach to it.

Good on you for making them deal with it.

Couldn't agree more.

I really am not precious over our cars but I had to laugh this afternoon.

Loading the car boot with shopping my Mrs noticed that the (+ size) lady in the car next to us had her door pushed against my car, she asked her to cease and the fat biffa said 'but I can't fit in then'.

lewyboy said:
I really am not precious over our cars but I had to laugh this afternoon. Loading the car boot with shopping my Mrs noticed that the (+ size) lady in the car next to us had her door pushed against my car, she asked her to cease and the fat biffa said 'but I can't fit in then'.

I love my car (and any previous) I take it personally :eek: I don't pay good money for some idiot to touch it, very annoying

I hope you made the woman wait till you moved your car to give her a wider berth! Lol

I love my car (and any previous) I take it personally :eek: I don't pay good money for some idiot to touch it, very annoying

I hope you made the woman wait till you moved your car to give her a wider berth! Lol

No, I didn't.

I just cannot take stuff like that personally.

The season of goodwill, no permanent damage was done that I can see.

My absolute pet hate would be someone leaning on my car. I can't recall this ever happening to me personally but I would probably flip my lid.

Reminds me of a video I saw of a cctv feed of a car park, woman is leaning on the bonnet of a car taking amongst friends. Stands up straight for a few moments and the owner of the car returns and pulls off, said woman then goes to lean her bum comfortably back on the bonnet but has a nasty shock when she falls on her **** :)

And of course that episode of Only Fools & Horses comes to mind!

You seem rather keen on making people who have offended mechanical possessions do things.

lewyboy said:
No, I didn't. I just cannot take stuff like that personally. The season of goodwill, no permanent damage was done that I can see.

Yes as long as no damage done it's fine, I wouldn't mind people resting the door on mine if it was needed. As long as it's not smacking back and fourth against it

Returning from work yesterday I reversed my work van next to this snotty lady in her five series who had parked in front of my car, who gave me such a dirty look and walked around to the passenger side (where I was) to push her door mirror in as the spaces are tight, and walked off. Probably thinking 'this riff raff will no doubt fling his door open'. She returns as I'm then getting in to my car so I made sure I told her to watch mine as she manoeuvres out of her space! Priceless look on her face

I really am not precious over our cars but I had to laugh this afternoon.

Loading the car boot with shopping my Mrs noticed that the (+ size) lady in the car next to us had her door pushed against my car, she asked her to cease and the fat biffa said 'but I can't fit in then'.

Tell the fat cow to stop eating then!

Yes as long as no damage done it's fine, I wouldn't mind people resting the door on mine if it was needed. As long as it's not smacking back and fourth against it

Returning from work yesterday I reversed my work van next to this snotty lady in her five series who had parked in front of my car, who gave me such a dirty look and walked around to the passenger side (where I was) to push her door mirror in as the spaces are tight, and walked off. Probably thinking 'this riff raff will no doubt fling his door open'. She returns as I'm then getting in to my car so I made sure I told her to watch mine as she manoeuvres out of her space! Priceless look on her face

People do judge you when you rock up in a van.

I remember my dad popping in to collect his new CLK cabriolet years ago at Tony Purslow MB and receptionist watched him pull up all dirty after work in his van. She says "deliveries go to the rear of the building".

His response was in not delivering I'm collecting. Her face went slightly red hahaha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom