Removing Rainex.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R W

Car
01,E320CDI. 2012 Sclass 350cdi
Does anyone know what will remove Rainex from a windscreen. When Rainex was appled the screen must not have been perfectly clean. I need to remove the Rainex & start again.
Thanks in advance.

When Rainex was appled the screen must not have been perfectly clean. I need to remove the Rainex & start again.
Thanks in advance.

I stopped using it because after a while it looked as the screen was covered in a greasy residue. It is nothing to do with applying it on a dirty screen, it just goes that way after a while.

Russ

Just degrease, clay & ipa the screen. Rain ex is pretty weak and comes off with ease. It's nothing like crystal laquer coatings.

Autoglym car glass polish. Done it a few times to remove rainx and always worked.

I stopped using it because after a while it looked as the screen was covered in a greasy residue.

I stopped using it because it ALWAYS looked as if the screen was covered in a greasy residue :dk: :D

Yes, Autoglass Car Glass Polish also works for me...

In future, rather than purchasing rain-ex, why not use a free alternative called windscreen wipers :D

I prefer the wiper's to, were do you get your free replacement blades from?:D

Thanks you all for your replies & advice. I seem to have it clean now with the Autoglym car glass polish. Dont know if the rainex is removed but its clean & clear now. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom