removing sign writhing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zenman63

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2016 L450 Range Rover 4.4 AB, 2015 GTs 2017 Range rover evoque
I have noticed some sign writhing in some light conditions on my van,
I have used G3 by hand and it's still there, and Mer.

What is the best thing to do with it?

Van is white.

Quick blow over affected panels ?

Mer is no good at that sort of thing, if you have tried by hand to remove it and its no good, the only route is an electric polisher and a more aggressive polish.

What paint finish do you have?

My Arctic White Sprinter was lettered for 7, years and I managed to rid of the difference in the paintwork by using a machine polisher and T-Cut. That brought about a whole new problem though, the T-Cutted paintwork looked fantastic, meaning I had to complete the whole van. :doh: It looked fantastic when I'd finished it though.

I wouldn't have attempted the above on a metallic finish though and I'm not sure how today's solid colours would cope either.

You need to use a good machine polisher with a strong cutting compound, that's what we use on our vans. Metallic paint is a nightmare though.

Ok thanks for the help.

G3 and a polisher it is then, any recommended?

Thanks for that, I will go shopping in the morning and come back with the results.

Thanks for that, I will go shopping in the morning and come back with the results.

If they are the results for tomorrow nights lottery, can you please put them in PM to me instead of posting for all to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom