removing tailgate lock barrol

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SilverSaloon

MB Enthusiast
Car
1994 W124 E300D Estate, 1985 R107 280SL
hi

does anyone know how to remove a key barrol from a W124 estate tailgate lock? i have fitted a new (2nd hand) lock but need to swap the actual key barrol

thanks

derek

Derek ,

it has been a while , but if you remove the whole electrical locking mechanism from the tailgate , the lock barrel is held on only by two screws ( and is fairly obvious to remove once you have the assembly out in your hand ) .

Derek ,

it has been a while , but if you remove the whole electrical locking mechanism from the tailgate , the lock barrel is held on only by two screws ( and is fairly obvious to remove once you have the assembly out in your hand ) .

Thanks Derek. I'll try this. The reason is I bought a donor car and swapped the tailgates round (as the donor had a brand new tailgate after a recent accident).... and as everything worked on it i just kept all the electricals in it, but the keys are different. i could just swap round the whole assembly with my old one, which i will do if i have to remove the unit anyway (as my car had a brand new tailgate lock fitted prior to my purchase from CI so probably better to keep with that if i can).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom