Removing the electric ariel from a w202

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
How do you do this?

Ive notice small traces of rust forming around it, do I do this from the outside or inside?

aerial removal is usually a bit of both, inside and outside :)

lift the outer seal off - it should just clip in

inside the car, locate the aerial mountings and the earth strap and unbolt them, disconnect the cables (2 electrical and one for the aerial itself) then slide the aerial assembly out.

HTH

Andy

You have to remove the boot lining, first remove the plastic where the boot strap is (above the bumper) then remove the moulded carpet.

Both these things have locking pins which can be prised open with either a makeshift fork or a screwdriver - if all else fails use attack with teeth.

Cheers people.

To get the other seal off, dont I need to remove the ariel first?

Ive notice theres 2 flat parts at the bottom which seem like wrench teeth?

thats the inner seal, that will come off the car attached to the aerial - if you are planning on stripping the aerial down then you need to remove that nut but from what I remember you can still get the mast out and split the case of the unit without haveing to remove it.

Andy

Outside, remove the nut and rubber seal.
Inside boot, remove trim and disconnect everything you can see, I think there is just one screw or bolt to remove and the unit is then freed from positioning slots, tilted to the side and removed, Very easy and obvious how it comes out.

There is a chance your alarm will go off when you disconnect the electric’s, that is what mine dose.

Dec

EDIT; See also... http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=45053

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom