Removing the protective layer from stereo..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hillzie78

Car
Clk270
Hi.. Newbie here, recently purchased a clk270, great car and a smooth drive... The stereo still has the protective film over the screen, would like to remove as starting to bubble and coming away in a corner.. Any ideas, is it easy to remove? As previous owner said can damage the screen.. Many thanks

Hello and welcome . Are you talking about the original film that should have been removed during the PDI on the car ,or an aftermarket screen protector ?

Reactions: 219
Or the anti-glare/reflection coating?

Hi and thanks for the welcome... Think it is the original, can't really see the screen.. Thanks

Have you got a picture of the film peeling? Sounds to me like the anti glare film may be failing.

Hi.. Newbie here, recently purchased a clk270, great car and a smooth drive... The stereo still has the protective film over the screen, would like to remove as starting to bubble and coming away in a corner.. Any ideas, is it easy to remove? As previous owner said can damage the screen.. Many thanks
I had this on my CLK , 2009 audio 20 unit , started peeling in one corner and was really irritating so I started pulling . To cut a long story short it was a nightmare getting it off .
The end result was I took the whole screen off , had to polish out the scratches .
Try and get a second hand unit with an intact film would be my advice

Well as you say it is peeling in one corner and you cannot see the screen,I suggest there is only one course of action and that is peel it off,then come back and tell us whats happened. :oops:

Can you post a photo of it ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom