Removing washer jets W209 CLK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oscarisapc

Car
W209 CLK500
Hi
I’d like some advice on getting at the washer jets in my W209 CLK. One side is part blocked and just dribbles so I was hoping to remove it and either unblock or replace. However, I can’t get at the nozzle assembly. On the YouTube video for a CLK the structure is quite different so not much help. On my car, (and possibly others as well) the washer nozzle is located in a grille within a well in the double skin of the bonnet. Apart from unscrewing 3 Torx screws underneath, there is no further access from the engine side. On the top there are some clips at the side of the grille which can be poked (and break) but the grille is held absolutely firmly in the centre by a catch which I can’t undo. I have tried depressing the plastic button in the middle and all that has happened is that it will not return to the up position. How do I proceed to get the grille off? And have I broken the catch? I didn’t press it very hard so disappointed if I have.
Thanks

Hi
I’d like some advice on getting at the washer jets in my W209 CLK. One side is part blocked and just dribbles so I was hoping to remove it and either unblock or replace. However, I can’t get at the nozzle assembly. On the YouTube video for a CLK the structure is quite different so not much help. On my car, (and possibly others as well) the washer nozzle is located in a grille within a well in the double skin of the bonnet. Apart from unscrewing 3 Torx screws underneath, there is no further access from the engine side. On the top there are some clips at the side of the grille which can be poked (and break) but the grille is held absolutely firmly in the centre by a catch which I can’t undo. I have tried depressing the plastic button in the middle and all that has happened is that it will not return to the up position. How do I proceed to get the grille off? And have I broken the catch? I didn’t press it very hard so disappointed if I have.
Thanks
how did you remove the vent

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom