removing window next to tailgate on w124 estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Benster

Car
mercedes E220 estate
the window is leaking water into the car, does anyone know how this window comes out and how difficult it is

The S124 and S123 rust these apertures out, so the rubber seals fail.

I'm dreading sorting it, as it will involve much use of the 'electric metal glue squirter', aka the MIG welder.

the window is leaking water into the car, does anyone know how this window comes out and how difficult it is

If you have water getting in here you need to get it sorted ASAP as it will destroy the boot floor wells and rear wings.

Cut the seals out and buy new replacements (before you cut anything).

Be prepared to call up a good body shop. “Often” the damage is severe by the time you spot it. Welding and/or new panels maybe required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have water getting in here you need to get it sorted ASAP as it will destroy the boot floor wells and rear wings.

Cut the seals out and buy new replacements (before you cut anything).

Be prepared to call up a good body shop. “Often” the damage is severe by the time you spot it. Welding and/or new panels maybe required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oh dear

just ordered a new window seal from mercs, nice and cheap at £129! for a bit of rubber, if anyone knows or has a link on how it comes apart id be greatful, cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom