Remus rear muffler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fudger

Car
Awaiting delivery
Guys, I would like to get a new rear section fitted on my CLK430 for two reasons. Firstly, I want a twin pipe and secondly, I want to improve the sound over the stock exhaust.

I have have had a good look around at Kleemann, Supersprint, Brabus etc but I think the Remus twin pipe muffler might be a good choice at a better price.

My concern is that I don't want a really load sound but i do want to make the car sound like a V8 rather than like a 4 pot as it does at the moment.

If any of you have experience of Remus or can help me make up my mind I'd be grateful.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Have you tried these people ? They do custom/bespoke solutions, can make the pipes in whatever configuration you like, and can make it sound however you like & tune it to perfection !

I was going to fit one to my Honda, but never got round to it .

Worth asking them if they have done anything before for the CLK.

www.haywardandscott.co.uk

S.

Ive got the remus, it can drone a bit but does sound nice when revved up and kaneing it.Sounds well nice in multi story car parks and bult up areas but can draw attention even when not going fast

Fudger,

Hope you don't mind me hijacking your thread but I am in need of a new exhaust for my CLK320 and I was wondering about the best options available and their respective prices and merits - perhaps we can share any info we find?

Anyone got any input it would be gratefully received.

Cheers

Guy

Hi Guy, there are a lot of options and I have favoured Eisenhaus previously as they seem most popular on the MBWORLD forums but I really want to find a local dealer I can talk who can also do the fitting rather than get something turn up mail order.

The Remus rear section on your 320 would be about £300 inc vat + fitting costs unless you DIY.

I like the look of the Remus kit but have had no idea about sound apart from pluggers comments.

Time for more investigation...i'll let you know what I find!

TOP MAN.

There is a horrible possibility that I may need to replace the system from the downpipes (e.g. including the cat!)

That's gonna be some expense pipework I reckon.

I will do some digging too and we can compare notes. I would like to look into the AMG system if there is one.

Will catch up soon with findings.

Cheers

Guy

After reading both of the posts from u guys with the CLK's I would personally go with a bespoke system or tail section custom made for each of your cars, You can:-

1) Specify your tailpipe design
2) Specify how noisy you want it
3) It will be in stainless, so hopefully it will be the last system that you fit
4) It is made for that car and no other..

Just my opinion...

Hi V8 ML,

I like the idea and I have emailed the people that Sym recommended above. Have you any other points of contact to speak to?

I would only be a little wary of the price but then if I am looking at an AMG option I guess a bespoke one isn't going to be far off that anyway!!

Guy

There is a place in Egham, Surrey called Classic Exhausts or Rimmer Brothers up north.

Classic make exhausts for all types of vehicles classic, kit or new.
Rimmer Bro's make systems for 4x4's but surely worth a call.

Sorry I don't have any numbers..

If you can enlarge the image I have got No 48. I think No 02C & 72TD will also fit a W202 but not sure if they are the same for yours.

remus.jpg

Hayward & Scott will do you either a Cat Back system, or the full monty !

If you want more than one, the price comes down !

I have seen and heard one of their systems and it was very impressive - not too loud, but clearly noticeable at idle, and a nice roar when power applied :D If you are not happy with it once its installed, they will tweak it for you until you like it.

If I remember correctly, the price for a cat back system with 2 seperate back boxes was somewhere between £400 & £600 - so probably looking at around that or slightly less for a twin piped single back box.

S.

Hi,

I would go Custom if I was you...

I have used these people to make some modifications to my exhuast system... DE-CAT (only when I go off road) They are based in Basildon.

dsc01806.jpg

However, I am now having my pre silencer muffler removed also and Instead of 2 seperate sections joined I am having one piece of (larger bore) Stainless steel all the way back. At the moment I have a large bore from the turbo, large bore on the mandrel bent downpipe and then smaller pipe all the way back to the exhuast.

The people I am using are: Top Gear (in ST Albans) They are an agent for POWERFLOW. I have had many friends use them for their Scooby's and RS Cossies.

powerflow's website is: LINK

And top gears is: LINK

My friend had a Remus Exhuast and it wasn't loud at all. The build quality on the remus was superb!!! This same friend had a powerflow custom made for his C class and boy did that thing rumble!

I will let you know how i get on. I am mainly doing it to reduce back pressure as turbo cars need it... When I removed my CAT there wa sno difference in sound infact by adding the turbo it made the car even more quiet as they act as mufflers... so Hopefully I should get some of the rumble back.... I dont want it too loud because its a benz but maybee it might be fun for a the last few weeks of summer that we have....

After so more power then? Excellent.

Originally posted by Koolvin
Hopefully I should get some of the rumble back.... I dont want it too loud because its a benz but maybee it might be fun for a the last few weeks of summer that we have....

Says the man with a turbo, HKS dump valve and induction roar to boot ;)

I got only 1 pipe now all the way from my manifold to my back box - no more pre-silencer

Originally posted by Koolvin
I got only 1 pipe now all the way from my manifold to my back box - no more pre-silencer

Should help your turbo performance.

I was amazed at the exhaust when I looked at mine on Jimmy's ramp.

Two Cats!

2cats.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom