Remus stainsless steel exhaust

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rirhill

Car
Mercedes E350 CDI Estate
I went to Elite to get two need tyres and I love the replacement exhausts. Remus around £300 for the back box AMG lookalike. Would this effect the insurance a lot?

I know Jimmy like it for the looks and noise.

Thanks
Rirhill

I told Elephant I had a Mercedes stainless steel backbox that was not originally fitted to my car. They said this was a modification and charged me ~£15 (some of which was an admin fee) for my remaining ~4 months of policy.

So depending on insurer, not a lot of difference I expect, but there is only one way to find out.

When my new Insurance Schedule arrived it had "Modified exhaust/manifold" declared. This added to the "Optional Alloy Wheels" already declared and since then "Engine Chip 0-11 BHP increase".

I have to renew my policy next month so I will find out how much all my little additions add up to over a full 12 month term!

If it doesn't increase performance, they will be unlikely to load your premium - paid nothing extra to Tesco when I fitted my AMG backbox.

Best to ask them before you fit it though !

S.

Direct Line wanted an extra £150 premium for mine and increased the excess by £100, even though I argued it was not a performance exhaust, simply a longer life stainless steel replacement, their argument was because it increased the cars desirability to a thief and increased the repair costs in case of a claim!!

I was not too happy with the Remus anyway so that decided it for me, another member now has it on his car. It got too much of the wrong sort of attention for me, was a bit boomy and got a bit tiresome on long journeys. I am now going for the stealth, discreet look, sort of wolf in sheeps clothing I guess, the only tell tale sign that things are not quite standard is the wheels and tyres. I have even done a stealth install on the Snooper, hidden out of main view now.

jimmy said:
I have even done a stealth install on the Snooper, hidden out of main view now.

Sorry to go OT ... where have you put it ?

sym said:
Sorry to go OT ... where have you put it ?

It sits nicely on a piece of velcro in the cubby hole under the radio, it was starting to annoy me like mad stuck to the bottom, centre of the windscreen, wobbling like it does. :devil:

I know I will forego the laser warnings but how effective is it anyway? I have the TomTomGo to warn me of all speed cameras and this includes regular mobile sites that the Snooper does not warn of. I think I will soon be doing away with the Snooper at some point, the TomTom is just as reliable.

I have had to use a re-radiating aerial which sits on the dash at the moment but I have ordered a combined GPS/GSM shark fin type aerial for the roof (similar to BMW :D ) that will do away with all the clutter inside.

jimmy said:
It sits nicely on a piece of velcro in the cubby hole under the radio, it was starting to annoy me like mad stuck to the bottom, centre of the windscreen, wobbling like it does. :devil:

I know I will forego the laser warnings but how effective is it anyway? I have the TomTomGo to warn me of all speed cameras and this includes regular mobile sites that the Snooper does not warn of. I think I will soon be doing away with the Snooper at some point, the TomTom is just as reliable.

I have had to use a re-radiating aerial which sits on the dash at the moment but I have ordered a combined GPS/GSM shark fin type aerial for the roof (similar to BMW :D ) that will do away with all the clutter inside.

Nice one. Laser warnings are a waste of time anyway, as you say ! When I work out where the Nav aerial is on my car, I'll try and get a feed from that and do the same - only got a phone aerial on the roof at the mo'.

S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom