Renault Clio dci

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oorjim2

Car
03 CLK 320, 09 Corsa 1.2
Hi I looking for some help here I have a 2005 Renault Clio 15dci dynamique it has just over 90,000 miles.
It’s not long had a service but when driving at a steady 25 - 35 mph it’s like it’s going to start chugging now I don’t think that’s a technical term but it’s the only way I can describe it.
Any advice would be great.
Jim

alrighty jim long time no see, how does it.

Is this your works car. It would be anything from a MAF, dodgy injector, have you tried the renaut forums who'd be more likely to know whats wrong with the motor.

Hi I looking for some help here I have a 2005 Renault Clio 15dci dynamique it has just over 90,000 miles.
It’s not long had a service but when driving at a steady 25 - 35 mph it’s like it’s going to start chugging now I don’t think that’s a technical term but it’s the only way I can describe it.
Any advice would be great.
Jim

Theres a few known problems on that engine all of which cause the chugging symptoms you describe, depends if it's throwing up any fault codes or not. Main problem is sticky EGR valves on the 1.5 Dci so this would be my first port of call, the second is faulty injectors particularly if it has the Delphi injection system, Thirdly throttle potentiometers have been known to throw up intermittant faults causing chugging. If it's not throwing up any fault codes then there is likely to be an issue with the Turbo.

Hope that helps a little but my bet is EGR valve.

alrighty jim long time no see, how does it.

Is this your works car. It would be anything from a MAF, dodgy injector, have you tried the renaut forums who'd be more likely to know whats wrong with the motor.

Hi Steve
Just been busy just now and yip its the work car never thought of the Renault forums.:eek:

...aye - and why aren't you dragging your sorry ass down to Peebles this Sunday?...

(sorry, know nothing about Renaults...)

Hi Derek

I was not sure if I could make it so thats why I never put my name down but I think I will be there now .

Jim.

Theres a few known problems on that engine all of which cause the chugging symptoms you describe, depends if it's throwing up any fault codes or not. Main problem is sticky EGR valves on the 1.5 Dci so this would be my first port of call, the second is faulty injectors particularly if it has the Delphi injection system, Thirdly throttle potentiometers have been known to throw up intermittant faults causing chugging. If it's not throwing up any fault codes then there is likely to be an issue with the Turbo.

Hope that helps a little but my bet is EGR valve.

Hi

There is no codes coming up so far. That EGR valve has been cleaned when it was serviced. The turbo was renewed about 8000 miles ago by renault before I bought it, so it might be the injectors then.

Thanks Jim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom