Renewal time again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chic0821

MB Enthusiast
Car
S63 AMG Coupe, Range Rover Sport, 992 Porsche Carrera 4S
Its the dreaded renewal time for my S63 AMG Coupe on 10 August. Renewal letter arrived yesterday. I am with Saga (cos I'm old:() They want £362.86. For this year I paid £363.06 so its cheaper by £0.20:)
As I do every year, I go to Confused.com & lo & behold the cheapest was Saga at £278.28.:):) Same cover, protected no claims, voluntary excess £0, Comp excess £150, 2 drivers (she's old too:()
Phoned Saga & after a bit of comparing, he agreed it was £278.28:):):)
Although I have 3 cars, they are all on individual policies & all have their own no claims bonus. I have always been a bit suspicious of multi car policies regarding no claims.

S
Its the dreaded renewal time for my S63 AMG Coupe on 10 August. Renewal letter arrived yesterday. I am with Saga (cos I'm old:() They want £362.86. For this year I paid £363.06 so its cheaper by £0.20:)
As I do every year, I go to Confused.com & lo & behold the cheapest was Saga at £278.28.:):) Same cover, protected no claims, voluntary excess £0, Comp excess £150, 2 drivers (she's old too:()
Although I have 3 cars, they are all on individual policies & all have their own no claims bonus. I have always been a bit suspicious of multi car policies regarding no claims.
Sounds an absolute bargain to me. 😎😎

Always worth shopping around, never accept a renewal quote (that's what they rely on). Managed to halve my renewal, got quoted £290, got it down to £145, same cover, on a comparison website 👍

Yep, its a game every year at renewal time.
You got a good price there.
I found Saga were OK for a new policy but it sky rocketed the following year.

I have the game to play in September.

Well done sounds like a good result to me :thumb:

The price comparison websites make it so easy (as all your info. carries over from one year to the next), so there's no excuse really. I normally do call the current insurer and give them the opportunity to price match - they often do. Admiral just quoted £187 to renew my SL - I rang them up and with no haggling at all they dropped it to £142 to match a quote from CompareTheMarket. I'm 60 btw and Saga have never come up with competitive quotes for me :dk:

Same here, I'd also feel more 'locked in' with three cars all insured with the same company and renewing at different times. Easier to keep them separate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom