Renewal time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tingtongpj

Car
E300 Hybrid AMG Sport Touring
hi all

i'm after some advice from anyone who can help.

i recently purchased a w204 250 cdi tourer and added it to my existing insurance which was a very small amount.

my insurance is now due for renewal and they want far too much to re-new (always seems to be the way, only want new business not keep existing)

i've tried a price comparison and found something a lot cheaper but before i re-new can anyone recommend any other companies to try ?

fyi i have full no claims (9 years) two clean drivers both old ish :D and use the car for sdp and travel to work.

thanks in advance :thumb:

If you are old enough then Saga are incredibly competitive on price. Service sems pretty good too. Just came top in autoexpress survey. They were best on price by a big margin for the SLK and 124.

If you are old enough then Saga are incredibly competitive on price. Service sems pretty good too. Just came top in autoexpress survey. They were best on price by a big margin for the SLK and 124.

haha thanks but i think i'm 8 years too young for saga.

You're not too young for Saga - but don't believe the prices! I've had my C class with them for a few years now, every year I get the renewal quote, have a quick trawl on confused and Saga's own website, making sure I get "like for like" quotes, then phone them and say "price match guarantee" - which they give existing customers. Last year it resulted in a reduction of £139 for the S204 C220 - to about £220 for 2 named retired drivers, SD&P only. Just got my renewal docs, had a quick trawl this morning and can do £90 better (with £100XS instead of £250) with LV - which does not include the 5% discount I get as they've got my buildings and contents insurance too!

One small concern with LV - breakdown insurance with Saga is pretty competitive, but it's actually the AA that comes out. LV, it's Britannia, and I've no knowledge of their service, so will have to investigate.

Just did my renewals too, did Gocompare, comparethemarket and moneysupermarket all gave esure as the cheapest for the C63, but there was a difference of about £80 between them, so use them all.

Admiral wanted £1100
Esure £460
Mercedes insurance £4860.....

Esure had a bigger compulsory excess, gave admiral a chance and increased the excess but they only came down to £880

Direct line and a couple of others that weren't in comparison sites (Zurich?) weren't competitive at all

Just rang Lancaster for a quote for my 2001 CLK as already have two classic policies with them. Unfortunately they don't recognise a car this young as a classic yet so were only able to quote as a modern car. Even with mileage at 3000, their lowest price was £1300. I tried RH Insurance through their site, but no reply as yet from last week. The trouble i'm finding is i'm wanting to use my CLK as a second car and as such, it won't be utilising any NCB so seems to be getting the full hit from insurers.

Try LV insurance. They were the most competitive or were 8/9 months ago.

Give Direct Line a try, they where cheaper on a quote (this month) than any comparison sites I tried...

keep pestering your own insurance company,my bike came up for renewal and swinton started at 120 and i eventually got them down to 85.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom