Renntech lowering module remote control

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cb1965

Banned
Car
N/A
To the guys who have had the Renntech lowering module installed whereabouts did you locate the remote control?

Particularly if you have an R230 SL?

On the E55 the module is fitted behind the passenger side footwell, when Olly at PCS fitted mine we ran the cable from behind the footwell carpet coiled the excess cable in the cargo net running enough cable to the remote to sit in the ashtray.

I was more than happy with that, however some go to the trouble of lifting out the carpets and center console to fit inside there where the phone module sits, (if fitted) think that's how Alps has his fitted in his E55, am sure he has photos on one of his threads.

Same place for me (Olly fitted it)... I was going to move it somewhere else but has not really bothered me so I left it alone in the passenger footwell (in the storage netting).

I have sl55 and olly fitted it in a panel at the end of the dashboard facing the drivers door. Hard to open though!!

I have sl55 and olly fitted it in a panel at the end of the dashboard facing the drivers door. Hard to open though!!

Do you have a pic of that at all?

On the E55 the module is fitted behind the passenger side footwell, when Olly at PCS fitted mine we ran the cable from behind the footwell carpet coiled the excess cable in the cargo net running enough cable to the remote to sit in the ashtray.

I was more than happy with that, however some go to the trouble of lifting out the carpets and center console to fit inside there where the phone module sits, (if fitted) think that's how Alps has his fitted in his E55, am sure he has photos on one of his threads.

Thanks I'll see if I can find it.

will try and take one tomorrow

Here are some pics. You need something not to sharp like a thin spatula to ease the cover off which just unclips.

This is where the remote is located

Loweringmoduleclosed.jpg

This is with the cover off

loweringmodulespace.jpg

This shows the remote

Loweringmodule.jpg

Cheers JRH, much appreciated. Sneaky place to put it actually. Nice one.

Really like it there as it means no wires in the cabin and really dont need to change it that frequently.

Mine is fitted in the armrest

Nice job by my indie

Its here at #6

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/members-gallery/96196-alps-2004-e55k.html

Looks so much more of a professional finish akin to OE oppose to leaving it in random places :confused:

Yes I found your thread yesterday and you're right it does look very good indeed. Just wonder how much hassle it is to get there, but I'm not adverse to a bit of a struggle so maybe that is the best option for me.

Funny how things are different between marques. When I had my Subarus I'd just have stuck it to the dash somewhere, but that would be a crime punishable by death with a Mercedes! ;)

Hi, its not my thread, I merely posted the link up for you. Like you say, probably wouldn't have thought twice about sticking it to the dash on the scooby! :D:D

Hi, its not my thread, I merely posted the link up for you. Like you say, probably wouldn't have thought twice about sticking it to the dash on the scooby! :D:D

Ah yes, my mistake. Thanks for the link to Alps' thread then :D

Yes the Jap scene is a bit... er... different:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom