Rental in USA

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jamesfuller

MB Enthusiast
Car
W203 C240 Elegance & S210 E320 CDi Avantgarde
I'm looking to rent something for a couple of weeks on a trip with a lot of driving. Don't really want the generic rental cars.

From San Francisco airport (or a reasonable cab ride from)

Would want ideally a Dodge 2500 or Ford F250.
If no joy with a pick up, a Large Caddy or Lincoln would suffice.

Grateful for any recommendations.

Avis or Hertz offer good deals...

The Dodge and Ford are trucks, not cars. Not really something I'd want to spend a lot of time driving, unless I had a payload to shift. I think you'll need to go to a truck rental company, too, if you really want one.

Hertz do some more interesting cars rather as opposed to your average sedan - something with a Hemi V8 should be doable if you book in advance and are prepared to pay the extra!

You don't mention if you're returning it to the same place, but if you're not watch out for one way fees - I once rented a car in Seattle and dropped it off in Vegas, the one way charge was nearly as much as the rental.

Cheers,

Gaz

Hired a 7-seater Dodge Ram some years ago... Its a van, really. Did quite a lot of mileage on it, it was fine... I wad slightly annoyed with their policy of returning the car 'with an empty fuel tank' though.

Having had a quick mooch on Line Alamo looks promising for the type of truck you're after.

When visiting America I think a Dodge Viper SRT would be a nice rental

We've used Alamo a few times for Florida with no problems.
Had a lovely Dodge Charger last year, but only the small 3.6, drove lovely though.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I know it seems a bit of a weird choice but I like driving the pickups. We have had a few Dodge trucks in the family and I find them very comfortable for hours on end.

Off to check out Alamo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom