Rented a White van - speedo???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marc777

Banned
Car
E270 cdi Avantgarde; Wifes car Yellow VW Beetle (new shape)
Rented a White Transit today to clear the garage. Noticed that the speedo on this 8 year old desiel hulk went up to 150 mph !

I know that, as a rule, hired vehicles go faster than most, but I thought that was a bit optomistic - even for a white van!

Marc

I rented one a couple of months ago and I was amazed how inaccurate the speedo was. I put my TomTom unit in it, and where as my car speedo is only 2mph different at 90mph, the van was 10mph, the speedo said I was doing 90, but the sat nav said 80.

MOD-Van-paintjob.jpg

I had a Vauxhall Astra Diesel before I bought my Merc. Speedo would read 90 mph when going flat out on the motorway, bu TomTom showed it as 72! They got closer at low speeds but even as low as 20 mph the descrepancy was significant. Don't know about the newer Transits but the old "smiley face" model would do about 80 mph. the earlier ones were noisier but would wind up to about 90!

marc777 said:
Rented a White Transit today to clear the garage. Noticed that the speedo on this 8 year old desiel hulk went up to 150 mph !

Just because the speedo goes up that far doesn't mean the van will go anywhere near it ;)

pammy said:
Just because the speedo goes up that far doesn't mean the van will go anywhere near it ;)

takes guts to admit that pammy , is that from experence? 160 on yours? :p

This Transit will hit 150mph easy.

fuzzer said:
You just WANT to be slapped ! :D

fuzzer said:

cheeky - dunno yet - haven't had mine where I can test it - yet :devil: but I do know it won't do 160 - unless I do a few things first :D

Smiley face Transit clocks are from Mondeos, hence the speed goes up so far. I'm not saying a Mondeo will hit 150mph, but has more chance than a Transit

Bazza

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom