rep watches

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kjb1

Car
C220 AMG Premium plus 7g
Anyone into high end super reps?

Audemars Piguet to be precise?

Sent from my iPhone

Rep watches are not for me... if I cant afford one, then I wont wear a rep.
Sorry. Just my 2 cents.

There is something to be said about wearing a quality time piece. It's the provenance, history and a replica would never cut it for me.

More pleasure in using a no name or less expensive brand.

Last edited:
i have a genuine omega seamaster used for best, along with a few seiko's etc.

I still enjoy how good some of the super reps are, take a look over on RWG. Great forum!!

Sent from my iPhone

at end of day, audemars piguet, panerai etc, are lovely watches but can think of far better things to spend 15k plus on.

Sent from my iPhone

Rep watches are not for me... if I cant afford one, then I wont wear a rep.
Sorry. Just my 2 cents.

This is my take on it as well. In my mind, all you're doing is kidding yourself.

I'm actually thinking about an AP ROO at the moment, in fact it may be my next watch, but the car is currently eating all my money up, so it will just have to wait a bit longer. :(

I'm not kidding myself atall, I'm quite aware of the fact its not genuine. I just have far better things to spend money on currently.

Sent from my iPhone

So then why pretend? I'd be embarrassed to wear a replica.

The real thing is clearly for those who haven't got anything better to spend the money on.

I'd much rather have a real Tag than a fake Rolex.

I have a tag f1, its genuine and quartz, some of my reps with 21j movement i regard as better made thsn the tag, quartz movement although very precise is no workmanship.

I can do whatever I please, Im not trying to please you am I, purely enjoyment for myself.

Sent from my iPhone

Im far from embarrassed wearing a rep, have far better things in life to worry about than what others think of me.

Sent from my iPhone

There's plenty of good watches at budget prices - or why not look at look at used - cared for - watches.

If you are happy with a Chinese "Relox" or "Roy-Bar" sunglasses that's up to you. I'd rather have a real Casio watch and Boots sunglasses...

I really dont need advice on " looking at used watches etc " thanks all the same. Im quite happy with my current watch box.

As I said, its a hobby, no doubt the ones who have commented, wouldn't know a 21j movement to an eta etc.

I only asked to enquire, RWG is full of members, was wondering if anyone else was on there from here. Its a great hobby.

Sent from my iPhone

I only wear the genuine article. Bought a nice Rolex from a shop in Majorca a few years ago for £30. I know it was genuine because the lady told me so. It told the right time at least twice a day.

I can see the thinking behind buying a £30 jobbie on holiday for a laugh but there is no bigger advertisement that you can't afford the real thing than buying an expensive (anything over£50) copy.

I'm actually thinking about an AP ROO at the moment, in fact it may be my next watch, but the car is currently eating all my money up, so it will just have to wait a bit longer. :(

I substituted the Yachtmaster II I was going to buy and blew (I say blew, what I mean is more than doubled!) the budget slightly on a Rose Gold AP ROO...

Stunning watch, best I've owned.

NOMONEYBUTAMERC said:
I only wear the genuine article. Bought a nice Rolex from a shop in Majorca a few years ago for £30. I know it was genuine because the lady told me so. It told the right time at least twice a day.

The great thing about genuine watches is you spend your life being asked: " is that a real one?"

Who cares what it is. It is the ops choice.

50% of this forum like the idea of eBay AMG badges plastered over their cars. Whoops I've said it now.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

I can see the thinking behind buying a £30 jobbie on holiday for a laugh but there is no bigger advertisement that you can't afford the real thing than buying an expensive (anything over£50) copy.

Truth be told, I can afford it. Great surmising there! I choose not to, as I feel no greater benefit having a gen or a rep on the wrist these days, I wear them for purely design only, and honestly not bothered if real or gen.

Sent from my iPhone

:doh:
Don`t worry Lee, just having a bit of a WIND - up!

Yes, of course you do. :thumb:

Sorry I forgot you had access to my bank details and general living standard.

Good one!!

Sent from my iPhone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom